Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2008, 11:32 PM
Rookie

Default You guys should have a system build advice section

Yeah.. One thing I've noticed is a lack of a system build advice section...
Somewhere people can post what components they are planning on putting together, and asking if its a good mix and what not.
aight?!

Peace!
Old April 21, 2008, 02:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2TheROC View Post
Yeah.. One thing I've noticed is a lack of a system build advice section...
Somewhere people can post what components they are planning on putting together, and asking if its a good mix and what not.
aight?!

Peace!
Those sections are really useless because everyone has a hundred different ideas and it confuses an already confused person :P
Old April 21, 2008, 07:56 AM
MVP
F@H

Maybe, maybe not?

The newest posts will have questions regarding the latest hardware, and sometimes they have similar parts. It seems for OC'ing alot of people recommend the GA boards, or for the hardcore enthusiasts DFI/ASUS boards. Similarly with GPUs, there are common recommendations. If nothing else, someone browsing that section might get an idea of what they can afford for a certain price, or what they might want to look for depending on what they want to do since people asking about their builds often say what they want to use it for.

If nothing else, it may provide a clear place to post the innumerable build questions.

C2Q Blue
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p | Q8400 @ 2.66ghz | Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. Scythe | Mushkin Redline PC2-8000 5-5-5-15-2T @ 400mhz |
BFG GTX 295 | 1.32TB WD HDDs | Corsair HX 620 W | Antec 900 | Acer 20" LCD