Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Adding searching by phrase or exact match (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/55994-adding-searching-phrase-exact-match.html)

skadebo August 8, 2012 06:07 PM

Adding searching by phrase or exact match
 
I understand that three letter searches are taxing on the HWC tubes but could you add phrase searching instead? Searching for specific processors on the BST forums is impossible but if you could add the ability for me to search for "i7 920" or "965 BE" then that would be awesome.

EagerBeaver October 4, 2012 02:37 PM

Use this link and then change the site or domain to http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum or the specific thread of your choice. Then add any other stipulation you want.

Shadowmeph October 4, 2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagerBeaver (Post 659638)
Use this link and then change the site or domain to http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum or the specific thread of your choice. Then add any other stipulation you want.

Wow that is cool never knew about that trick to bad it is google or I would use that .

EagerBeaver October 4, 2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 659643)
Wow that is cool never knew about that trick to bad it is google or I would use that .

What do you have against Google? Also, may I ask what your alternative is?

Shadowmeph October 4, 2012 03:41 PM

duckduckgo is my search engine and myself I don't like being tracked by google

EagerBeaver October 4, 2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowmeph (Post 659657)
duckduckgo is my search engine and myself I don't like being tracked by google

duckduckgo is now my search engine of choice and homepage. :thumb:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.