Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2012, 08:46 AM
Rookie

Default SlickEnuf4U , anyone dealt with him? seems fishy

If you look at his sale thread, it's great (maybe too great?). but he has no record in any other forum, no heatware, low post count, 2012 join date...

He refuses to give any contact information and wants payment first through EMT, no Cash On Delivery or anything.

I'm scared he's one of those guys who gets a few good trades, then scam the rest or something, no offense SlickEnuf4U, but I'm a little cautious. Does anyone have suggestions?

Also he doesn't even want to share his location (ie city from where he ships) or meet in person to do a trade etc. Huge Price Drops! Motherboards CPUs Headsets Video Cards PSU Mini PCs

I have heatware (22-0-0) n-ster | HeatWare.com and I'm an established member at TPU (over 8 K posts) techPowerUp! Forums - View Profile: n-ster

Last edited by n-ster; July 9, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old July 9, 2012, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sigh, this is a very similar thread to the one he opened up re BigFoig. They both had a misunderstanding about payment/delivery, but in the end it all worked out, and the two parties were happy.

Personally, I bought a closed loop cooler from him. It arrived in 'new' condition, and I was satisfied. He could have been a little quicker in replying to PMs and actually shipping the item, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's a very busy person who can only get online once a day, at best. I would deal with him again!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old July 9, 2012, 08:54 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. So far though, you're really the only vouch for him, and I guess BigFoig one could be somewhat considered like one. What bothers me is he doesn't want to give ANY contact information pr meet in person or even tell you what city he's in etc
Old July 9, 2012, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Some people like their privacy, it can be problematic sometimes in terms of communication but it's honestly a minor issue as a scammer would probably give you a lot of fake information. If you don't like the way a seller does things, then don't buy from them. Nobody's forcing you and it works the other way around.
Old July 9, 2012, 08:59 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

I bought dual 6272s from him, paid per his requirements (up front, EMT). Got the Puro shipping confirmation the next day, and it's trucking along. We shall see later on this week.
No negative comments about the deal as of now.
Old July 9, 2012, 09:01 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-ster View Post
Thanks for the reply. So far though, you're really the only vouch for him, and I guess BigFoig one could be somewhat considered like one. What bothers me is he doesn't want to give ANY contact information pr meet in person or even tell you what city he's in etc
Bottom line... if you don't like the terms, don't do a deal. Nobody else can validate your own personal comfort level or risk aversion.

This is bordering awfully close to flaming of another member so I'm going to close it. If you need/want references I suggest you look at his FS thread.... there's a list of what he's sold and who it's sold to and/or ask him for references.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Closed Thread

Tags
buy & sell , fishy , slickenuf4u , trade