Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19, 2012, 09:00 PM
Rookie

Default BigFOIG's Reputation

I don't have much feedback here, and he wants me to ship first. Says he's sold lots of stuff on this forum, but the iTrade module seems to be broken. Can anyone vouch for having dealt with him successfully?
Old June 19, 2012, 09:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickEnuf4U View Post
I don't have much feedback here, and he wants me to ship first. Says he's sold lots of stuff on this forum, but the iTrade module seems to be broken. Can anyone vouch for having dealt with him successfully?
If you don't trust him, don't trust anyone on HWC, he knows almost every moderator here and buys/sells about as much if not more then anyone on HWC. Also will leave you i trader rating when it is repaired. It is nothing personal, just like me, he see's the trader rating/very low post count and gets leery, but without question he is super trustworthy.

Last edited by Adzsask; June 19, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old June 19, 2012, 10:41 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I have about 20 positive feedback here with 100%, too bad it doesn't show on the site these days. :\ Trying to be extra cautious now, ever since that "shane_p incident" if you guys remember that....

Last edited by bigFOIG; June 20, 2012 at 01:56 AM.
Old June 20, 2012, 08:18 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

He's bought stuff from me in the past and it went very well.
Old June 20, 2012, 08:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll tell you in a couple of days when my cooler arrives if SlickEnuf4U is trustworthy, too. I'm sure he is, but I can understand why people would be hesitant on the internet.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 20, 2012, 09:26 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

BigFOIG is a standup guy....BUT even if he was family....no payment == no shipment. ALWAYS get paid first....and paypal does NOT count. Then and only then ship the parts. What happens if he changes his mind? Best case scenario...you are out the cost of shipping it to him AND back to you...and thats best case scenario. :(

If he cant pay right away...get a downpayment to hold the item until he CAN pay.

YMMV but it has kept me from being burned for many...many years now.

if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer. - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

after being burned by a newbie with a few positive feedbacks i woulda asked you to ship fist too;)

i wouldnt worry about bigfoig he no newbie here lol

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old June 20, 2012, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
BigFOIG is a standup guy....BUT even if he was family....no payment == no shipment. ALWAYS get paid first....and paypal does NOT count. Then and only then ship the parts. What happens if he changes his mind? Best case scenario...you are out the cost of shipping it to him AND back to you...and thats best case scenario. :(

If he cant pay right away...get a downpayment to hold the item until he CAN pay.

YMMV but it has kept me from being burned for many...many years now.
This is the best advise I can imagine. Even when dealing with peeps like me (Staff).

Always get paid first.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old June 20, 2012, 10:18 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
This is the best advise I can imagine. Even when dealing with peeps like me (Staff).

Always get paid first.

-ST
Honestly, if the person doesn't have a couple hundred posts and some rep on the forum, I NEVER send first. I think it is bad advise telling him to get the money first, and frankly I would be offended if I were a member here for years and staff is saying "ya get him to pay first"
Old June 20, 2012, 10:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i have been here for years and have bought and sold loads of gear and i never want someone to ship before payment and i never ship without payment it's that simple for me but i also only tend to deal with long time members