Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   BigFOIG's Reputation (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/54903-bigfoigs-reputation.html)

SlickEnuf4U June 19, 2012 09:00 PM

BigFOIG's Reputation

I don't have much feedback here, and he wants me to ship first. Says he's sold lots of stuff on this forum, but the iTrade module seems to be broken. Can anyone vouch for having dealt with him successfully?

Adzsask June 19, 2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlickEnuf4U (Post 636028)
I don't have much feedback here, and he wants me to ship first. Says he's sold lots of stuff on this forum, but the iTrade module seems to be broken. Can anyone vouch for having dealt with him successfully?

If you don't trust him, don't trust anyone on HWC, he knows almost every moderator here and buys/sells about as much if not more then anyone on HWC. Also will leave you i trader rating when it is repaired. It is nothing personal, just like me, he see's the trader rating/very low post count and gets leery, but without question he is super trustworthy.

bigFOIG June 19, 2012 10:41 PM

I have about 20 positive feedback here with 100%, too bad it doesn't show on the site these days. :\ Trying to be extra cautious now, ever since that "shane_p incident" if you guys remember that....

Squeetard June 20, 2012 08:18 AM

He's bought stuff from me in the past and it went very well.

great_big_abyss June 20, 2012 08:26 AM

I'll tell you in a couple of days when my cooler arrives if SlickEnuf4U is trustworthy, too. I'm sure he is, but I can understand why people would be hesitant on the internet.

AkG June 20, 2012 09:26 AM

BigFOIG is a standup guy....BUT even if he was family....no payment == no shipment. ALWAYS get paid first....and paypal does NOT count. Then and only then ship the parts. What happens if he changes his mind? Best case scenario...you are out the cost of shipping it to him AND back to you...and thats best case scenario. :(

If he cant pay right away...get a downpayment to hold the item until he CAN pay.

YMMV but it has kept me from being burned for many...many years now.

zsamz_ June 20, 2012 09:53 AM

after being burned by a newbie with a few positive feedbacks i woulda asked you to ship fist too;)

i wouldnt worry about bigfoig he no newbie here lol

Soultribunal June 20, 2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkG (Post 636117)
BigFOIG is a standup guy....BUT even if he was family....no payment == no shipment. ALWAYS get paid first....and paypal does NOT count. Then and only then ship the parts. What happens if he changes his mind? Best case scenario...you are out the cost of shipping it to him AND back to you...and thats best case scenario. :(

If he cant pay right away...get a downpayment to hold the item until he CAN pay.

YMMV but it has kept me from being burned for many...many years now.

This is the best advise I can imagine. Even when dealing with peeps like me (Staff).

Always get paid first.

-ST

Adzsask June 20, 2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 636127)
This is the best advise I can imagine. Even when dealing with peeps like me (Staff).

Always get paid first.

-ST

Honestly, if the person doesn't have a couple hundred posts and some rep on the forum, I NEVER send first. I think it is bad advise telling him to get the money first, and frankly I would be offended if I were a member here for years and staff is saying "ya get him to pay first"

gingerbee June 20, 2012 10:36 AM

i have been here for years and have bought and sold loads of gear and i never want someone to ship before payment and i never ship without payment it's that simple for me but i also only tend to deal with long time members