Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26, 2012, 11:44 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
Heatware is nice but the problem lies where some people like myself who have lots of sales here have no record on heatware.
Yep same here!

Old June 27, 2012, 02:47 PM
Rookie

Well looks like this guy might be a flake. Still hasn't managed to send the payment for the first two items because apparently his bank charges a processing fee for EMT.

I told him to just subtract the processing fee from the payment, and that hasn't been done.
Old June 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I thought everyone knew that EMT had the $1.50 (or so) fee and that it was a given. Certainly, for a $1.50 I've never hesitated to send payment to anyone.....

Anyways, we're only hearing your side of the story here. I'm not sure you should be bad-mouthing a long-standing member of the forums publicly without going through the proper avenues first.

Take it up with the person himself, if that doesn't work, take it up with the moderation team. There are things that they can do to help you out a bit, and if that doesn't work, then you resort to publicly bashing someone on a form where he's a longstanding, respected member.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a jerk towards you. It sucks when this sort of thing happens, whatever the reason is (malicious, misunderstanding, whatever), and it can really ruin someone's experience when selling/buying something online (which is supposed to be a fun, rewarding experience). I'm sympathetic, I really am. You proved trustworthy in our transaction together, thus you earned my respect. I just don't think you should slight someone's reputation without first following the proper avenues.

Feel free to disagree with me.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickEnuf4U View Post
Well looks like this guy might be a flake. Still hasn't managed to send the payment for the first two items because apparently his bank charges a processing fee for EMT.

I told him to just subtract the processing fee from the payment, and that hasn't been done.
The fee is $1.50 per EMT...
Old June 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I still stand by BigFOIG he is a F'In great customer of mine and a awesome guy to deal with, I still think something has happened or we are not hearing the whole story but that is my two cents

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old June 27, 2012, 04:55 PM
Rookie

I don't think I've "bad-mouthed" anyone. The word "flake" has "might be" near it, and I'm only presenting unbiased fact. He received the items last Friday, and it is now Wednesday and he hasn't managed to pay for them.

Last time I heard from him was Monday when he said he didn't want to get charged the EMT fee twice. I promptly replied and said to subtract it (I think I'm being pretty reasonable in all of this) from the payment in addition to the cost of shipping back the motherboard that I accidentally sent him. It shouldn't take two days to do this, much less to at least reply to my PM.

The more time goes on, the more flaky he might be.

If I ship first, I expect instant payment. This is not unreasonable.
Old June 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Slickenuf4u is not being unreasonable here. Payment needs to be made. 2 days is far too long.

This is why I have said before, and will say it again exactly this: BST needs to be closed until it is fixed properly and accountability can once again be maintained. I appreciate the effort the mods have been putting out to get it back open, but it is hobbling along badly and something is going to slip through, it is an inevitability.

Anyone without feedback anywhere else is gonna have it rough, but that doesn't make it right that no feedback/new sellers are made to wait either.
Old June 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1lk1 View Post
Slickenuf4u is not being unreasonable here. Payment needs to be made. 2 days is far too long.

This is why I have said before, and will say it again exactly this: BST needs to be closed until it is fixed properly and accountability can once again be maintained. I appreciate the effort the mods have been putting out to get it back open, but it is hobbling along badly and something is going to slip through, it is an inevitability.

Anyone without feedback anywhere else is gonna have it rough, but that doesn't make it right that no feedback/new sellers are made to wait either.
I do agree with you with the issues with the bst but my big problem is I make my income x2 on just our BST section, while it was down I started panicking but some how got through. a lot of people these days stay afloat by selling things they no longer need, I am one of these people.

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old June 27, 2012, 06:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've made atleast 1/3 MORE selling on Ebay lately. As far as I am concerned, it is just as risky there as it is here so the added profits made it worth it. Besides that, I have unloaded a TON of older gear that never would have sold here. Just in the last 2 weeks I got $50 for a E6400, $100 for a P4 S775 mobo/CPU/2GB ram combo, $50 for a HD3650AGP, etc....

If you are try to make a living you are ripping yourself off selling here.
Old June 27, 2012, 06:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

This is the only avenue I take buying or selling the mods and people here are great and in my opinion selling and buying is always a leap of faith gotta have trust and realize the roam/reward ...no probelma yet I'm airways this will get resolved