Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2012, 12:09 PM
Rookie

I guess I'll do it. Now we'll all know for sure if BigFOIG is reputable. I'll be the guinea pig...
Old June 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

He sucks... ok just joking, he's an awesome guy really.. it's tricky, but sometimes.. the longer someone has been here, and the more posts you see of him (quality ones) is who I usually trust..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old June 20, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

He's a great guy, most people here are, mind the Rants or off Topic where we all yell at each other for differences of opinion, but 99% of the time we are all just here to help, buy/sell and have fun

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old June 25, 2012, 06:48 PM
Rookie

Not sure about this guy. He received the items on Friday and hasn't paid yet. If someone ships first in good faith, prompt payment is an expectation, not a favour.

In his defence I screwed up the shipment and sent the 6990, XFX PSU, and AMD motherboard instead of 6990, XFX PSU, and 990X CPU (brain fart and misread his request for the 990X as "990FX"), but he hasn't even replied to my request for payment for the video card and the PSU.

Edit: Just heard from him by PM (almost at the same time as posting this) and he's asking for my EMT address, but I already sent it before.
Old June 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have Not had a issue with him yet I would chalk it up to maybe a slip up on both parts, wish I had the money for that 990x or 6990 haha. I have a feeling it will all get resolved ASAP :)

If you need me the link above is where I spend my days now
Old June 25, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
Honestly, if the person doesn't have a couple hundred posts and some rep on the forum, I NEVER send first. I think it is bad advise telling him to get the money first, and frankly I would be offended if I were a member here for years and staff is saying "ya get him to pay first"
"People who get offended should be offended"...and I guess I wont be doing business with you in the future if you expect me to ship parts before FULL payment as I. Do. Not. Ship. First. This is a hard and fast rule of mine and I recommend everyone else do the same. I know I would NEVER ask someone to ship first and then I would pay them later.

Its business, not personal.

For every good person who wants you ship first there are hundreds of d-bags who are just trying to screw you over. It doesnt matter how many post a person has...things can go wrong (like I outlined before...or worse). But as the old saying goes...YMMV. But I truly hope you dont get screwed over some day like many people I know who have been.

if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer. - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 25, 2012, 09:15 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Anything can happen. Lets say you ship to someone who has every intention to pay, but life gets in the way and the buyer simply cannot afford it. Then, we are stuck with the uncomfortable situation where money was wasted shipping, and so was the sellers time (where they could have missed out on a sale elsewhere).

That said, I have shipped before paying but it was on small items to people I knew was good for it eventually. If I were in a hurry (and needed the cash) I would wait for the money first.

Heck, I have done many deals with 3.0Charlie here, he has stayed at my place etc. and we always do the money first, ship second thing. Just keeps things simple and helps avoid uncomfortable spots.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I recently did a sale where I paid for half the item ,And the seller received the remainder of the agreement upon arrival/ Verification of said hardware.I felt kinda bad for the guy but I was just looking out for my best interest.In the future unless I know you or you have a little history here, that is the way I will handle big purchases.Just a suggestion but until the iTrader is back up could there be a Mod created thread to handle all the positive feedback for all of us?

Old June 26, 2012, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Just use Heatware until iTrader is back up.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old June 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Heatware is nice but the problem lies where some people like myself who have lots of sales here have no record on heatware.