Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 24, 2008, 05:40 PM
Top Prospect

Default request for a few more website refinements :-)

I recently pointed out to SKYMTL that it would be really nice if the thumbnail images included on every review was a hotlink. he said they were, but I corrected his understanding and he found that what was supposed to be, wasn't. that's been fixed now, but there are two other things I would appreciate seeing.

1) that on the review title, the reviewers name is included. it doesn't have to be big or fancy, but if we saw a by SKYMTL or by Dr. Silver etc, it would be nice. gives them a bit more recognition that I think they deserve and at the same time, helps ups place in que which review(s) we want to prioritize. it also looks good!

2) it would also be nice to have the option to login before we go into the forums on the front page. that's more of a quibble request, but I know I would find it helpful for when browsing the current postings, the current reviews and then see if I have any new PM's etc awaiting me. also lets you come into the forum and see what's new and what's not.

many thanks for hearing me out forum gods!

edit - for those who don't follow what I mean by adding the reviewer's name, consider the image uploaded.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mr. Friendly; March 24, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old March 24, 2008, 05:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I agree. Sometimes after I read the review, I click on the Beaver to go back to the homepage. Every once in a while I want to see who did the review, and rather than go back into the review, I look at the homepage first. Then when I don't find the name, I go into the review. I think it is a good idea!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old March 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SKY is "he who must be obeyed" in Reviews, but I will say this, Once the reviews Had the names. Now they dont. It was changed for a reason, if SKY want to divulge this Info thats up to him. But I thought I would post this before we get 10 billion posts asking for it to be changed back.

I agree about being able to login @ the home page although I am almost always logged in anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 24, 2008, 06:08 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
SKY is "he who must be obeyed" in Reviews, but I will say this, Once the reviews Had the names. Now they dont.
All of the names of the reviewers are still in the reviews. @ the top of every page the name of the reviewer is written.

The names of the reviewers were not written on the front page since we only implemented the front page format in its current form a few months ago. While I may be "he who must be obeyed" in reviews, the final verdict on website design is not mine.
Old March 24, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
All of the names of the reviewers are still in the reviews. @ the top of every page the name of the reviewer is written.

The names of the reviewers were not written on the front page since we only implemented the front page format in its current form a few months ago. While I may be "he who must be obeyed" in reviews, the final verdict on website design is not mine.
OMG lmao, I never even noticed them before, I think it's the gray
I always thought when the format changed (they were at the bottom of the review before right?) that was one of the changes.

lol
Good Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 24, 2008, 06:38 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
I recently pointed out to SKYMTL that it would be really nice if the thumbnail images included on every review was a hotlink. he said they were, but I corrected his understanding and he found that what was supposed to be, wasn't. that's been fixed now, but there are two other things I would appreciate seeing.

1) that on the review title, the reviewers name is included. it doesn't have to be big or fancy, but if we saw a by SKYMTL or by Dr. Silver etc, it would be nice. gives them a bit more recognition that I think they deserve and at the same time, helps ups place in que which review(s) we want to prioritize. it also looks good!

2) it would also be nice to have the option to login before we go into the forums on the front page. that's more of a quibble request, but I know I would find it helpful for when browsing the current postings, the current reviews and then see if I have any new PM's etc awaiting me. also lets you come into the forum and see what's new and what's not.

edit - for those who don't follow what I mean by adding the reviewer's name, consider the image uploaded.
Hmm, who's "blah blah blah"? Never heard of him.

Anyway, being able to login from the front page would be nice. I'm usually logged in all the time but every so often when I visit it doesn't login so I have to do it again.
Old March 24, 2008, 08:26 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdf22 View Post
Hmm, who's "blah blah blah"? Never heard of him.
that is not a surprise...it was only by careful detective work (a system I shall never reveal) that I discovered that blah blah blah, is actually the heart of HWC and it is he who rules all that is beaver!
Old March 24, 2008, 08:45 PM
MVP
F@H

Well since the topic has come up I will add....

We need a "TOP OF PAGE" button that gets tagged to every post. I hate having to scroll all the way up (LAZY) to the top to click "NEW POSTS" when we could just one click to the top of the page instead.
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g

Old March 24, 2008, 09:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post

Lmao I thought that those " by blah blah blah were for real I even checked to see if Blah Blah Blah was the person that did the Reviews lol boy do I feel silly
Old March 24, 2008, 09:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasheKicker View Post
Well since the topic has come up I will add....

We need a "TOP OF PAGE" button that gets tagged to every post. I hate having to scroll all the way up (LAZY) to the top to click "NEW POSTS" when we could just one click to the top of the page instead.
Heh..... you could always click on the "hardwarecanucks" link at the bottom which would amount to the same thing....... :)

That said, having a "top of page" link wouldn't be a bad thing. :)

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP