Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Virus on forum mainpage ? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/51876-virus-forum-mainpage.html)

BrainEater February 23, 2012 05:40 AM

Virus on forum mainpage ?
 
When I opened the main forum webpage this morn I got a warning from my AV.....some trojan . The webpage tried to open some java stuff and an adobe page.

3.0charlie February 23, 2012 05:41 AM

Nothing from work.

chrisk February 23, 2012 06:11 AM

MSE at home on Win 7 64 does not report anything either.

sswilson February 23, 2012 06:28 AM

Yeah, I got a "javaoracle" request to run some kind of app from a webhosting service message and denied the request.... didn't think too much of it so I didn't write the exact wording but I will if I get it again.

Soultribunal February 23, 2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 604936)
Yeah, I got a "javaoracle" request to run some kind of app from a webhosting service message and denied the request.... didn't think too much of it so I didn't write the exact wording but I will if I get it again.

I actually just had this too but it was too fast and I think I said yes lol.

-ST

sswilson February 23, 2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 604938)
I actually just had this too but it was too fast and I think I said yes lol.

-ST

Heh... too early to read??? ;)

I denied it because I noticed that the request came from an offshore domain... don't remember exactly what it was but it was something like a .EU or .AU .

Soultribunal February 23, 2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 604947)
Heh... too early to read??? ;)

I denied it because I noticed that the request came from an offshore domain... don't remember exactly what it was but it was something like a .EU or .AU .

No habitual on my work computer I always click fast becaues it asks to remember my password.

Ahh well.

-ST

SKYMTL February 23, 2012 07:02 AM

Someone get a screenshot please.

Soultribunal February 23, 2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 604949)
Someone get a screenshot please.

I'll try and snag one, just not on this computer since I clicked yes...

Lpfan4ever February 23, 2012 07:30 AM

Here's what I got just a couple minutes ago. The weird thing is I got two popups from Avast originating from mIRC at the same time. I have no idea how to get those back to screenshot them though, don't know if they were related.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5579100/HWCTrojan.png


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 AM.