Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2012, 05:08 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I don't know if this is still relevant or not but I also experienced that "YOU WON!" advert and it nearly scared the bazjibis out of me!!

It was like 2am and I had 8 or 9 tabs open in Google Chrome and I immediately started searching for it and was quite shocked when I found out it was on HWC.

I have never blocked ad's on your guys site before and I never even considered doing so until that Ad turned me the same colour as a ghost!

All this being said, I have not seen / heard this advert since then. I will continue to leave the Ad's on HWC unblocked as I do highly regard the site even though I don't post that often.
Old February 22, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

anyone know how to turn off blocking on a specific site with ad muncher?
Old February 22, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
anyone know how to turn off blocking on a specific site with ad muncher?
Similarly I didnt know how to set exemptions for individual sites with Adblock plus, so for those wondering you create a custom filter as the following That'll do the entire site as an exemption and load ads.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old February 22, 2012, 09:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I tried making a custom filter, but it doesn't do anything. I've tried everything from hardware canucks up to what you posted, but that's not for ad muncher.
Old February 22, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've never gotten that ad before, but if I did it would piss me off. Those kind of ads are purely insulting.

I use ad block plus, but I have HWC whitelisted. I don't mind the ads here because of 2 things....

1. The ads are generic and computer related, even interesting at times.

2. The ads do *not* contain advertisements for things I've searched for in any search engine. (No, I don't want to see an advertisement for something I bought 6 weeks ago) Not to mention, those ads just stand out to me and point out the fact I'm being tracked.
Old February 22, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya, I've noticed that too. plus it would be nice to be able to support the site without having to put up with the crap on pretty much every other site.