Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2011, 09:44 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Fs thread bumping

Suggestion, bumping by the op.... It's 2 per 24hrs..... Can we add something like 10 bumps without a response means the thread is dead? Or the thread needs a week without another bump before the 2 in 24h applies again?

Some people don't get it when there is no demand or they're priced too high and just keep bumping twice a day, clutters up the section with useless (as decided by the non replies) threads.

Just tired of clicking on threads to read nothing but bumps over a period of nearly a week.

Have an A-1 day!
Old November 8, 2011, 09:53 AM

My System Specs

I'd rather see a limit to bumps per day = 1. But I don't agree with what you are suggestion.
Old November 8, 2011, 10:51 AM
MVP

My System Specs

re-using old threads is much more annoying.
Get to page 25 to read the discussion about something posted for sale in the edited first post of the thread. Now that's retarded.
Old November 8, 2011, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree. I'd rather see something like a time limit of X days (Id like to see ~30 days), and a thread is automatically deleted. I can see an issue tho for clarity sake, if a deal went through on day 29, and then the thread was deleted...

But then again, this is why you should keep records of your conversation with the party, via email or PM.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 8, 2011, 11:35 AM
Hall Of Fame

who remembers the thread with the guy who was trying to sell his usb missile launcher for $40 and went for 3 pages cause he kept bumping it :p
Old November 8, 2011, 11:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
who remembers the thread with the guy who was trying to sell his usb missile launcher for $40 and went for 3 pages cause he kept bumping it :p
Ha ha LOLZ

Yup

IDK I dont mind that much TBH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 8, 2011, 12:00 PM
Hall Of Fame

I agree actually, I mean there's a search button for a reason too. There needs to be some sort of overall expiry time. 1 bump per day, max of a week or something until the thread gets archived. A searchable section that can't get bumped, only edited/deleted by the OP.

I also think thread re-use is annoying too.. I don't really have an idea for that, but I think if new items are coming up for sale, they should be installed into a new thread. As much as this will "add" to clutter, I think things would become more organized overall. However this would kind of be implemented with the above idea anyways, with no bumps and such :P
Old November 8, 2011, 12:25 PM
MVP

Thread re-use is just plain nasty, agreed. 30 day expiry, 1 bump per day, new threads for new gear.
Gigabyte GTX780
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old November 8, 2011, 12:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

While we're at it, subject lines should be edited after a sale, to show what is currently available. Tired of seeing threads like i5 2500k/Asus ROG board/5870 to enter it and see most of the parts are gone, maybe a few minor pieces available.
Old November 8, 2011, 12:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keto View Post
Thread re-use is just plain nasty, agreed. 30 day expiry, 1 bump per day, new threads for new gear.
Yeah I'd have to agree. It makes things more confusing when reusing the same thread for new stuff. Need to have BST threads expire in 30 days.