Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Fs thread bumping (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/48121-fs-thread-bumping.html)

4DoorGTZ November 8, 2011 08:44 AM

Fs thread bumping

Suggestion, bumping by the op.... It's 2 per 24hrs..... Can we add something like 10 bumps without a response means the thread is dead? Or the thread needs a week without another bump before the 2 in 24h applies again?

Some people don't get it when there is no demand or they're priced too high and just keep bumping twice a day, clutters up the section with useless (as decided by the non replies) threads.

Just tired of clicking on threads to read nothing but bumps over a period of nearly a week.

lowfat November 8, 2011 08:53 AM

I'd rather see a limit to bumps per day = 1. But I don't agree with what you are suggestion.

blaze_125 November 8, 2011 09:51 AM

re-using old threads is much more annoying.
Get to page 25 to read the discussion about something posted for sale in the edited first post of the thread. Now that's retarded.

Sagath November 8, 2011 10:09 AM

I agree. I'd rather see something like a time limit of X days (Id like to see ~30 days), and a thread is automatically deleted. I can see an issue tho for clarity sake, if a deal went through on day 29, and then the thread was deleted...

But then again, this is why you should keep records of your conversation with the party, via email or PM.

enaberif November 8, 2011 10:35 AM

who remembers the thread with the guy who was trying to sell his usb missile launcher for $40 and went for 3 pages cause he kept bumping it :p

Supergrover November 8, 2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaberif (Post 566390)
who remembers the thread with the guy who was trying to sell his usb missile launcher for $40 and went for 3 pages cause he kept bumping it :p

Ha ha LOLZ

Yup

IDK I dont mind that much TBH.

LarkStarr November 8, 2011 11:00 AM

I agree actually, I mean there's a search button for a reason too. There needs to be some sort of overall expiry time. 1 bump per day, max of a week or something until the thread gets archived. A searchable section that can't get bumped, only edited/deleted by the OP.

I also think thread re-use is annoying too.. I don't really have an idea for that, but I think if new items are coming up for sale, they should be installed into a new thread. As much as this will "add" to clutter, I think things would become more organized overall. However this would kind of be implemented with the above idea anyways, with no bumps and such :P

keto November 8, 2011 11:25 AM

Thread re-use is just plain nasty, agreed. 30 day expiry, 1 bump per day, new threads for new gear.

odis172 November 8, 2011 11:40 AM

While we're at it, subject lines should be edited after a sale, to show what is currently available. Tired of seeing threads like i5 2500k/Asus ROG board/5870 to enter it and see most of the parts are gone, maybe a few minor pieces available.

dandelioneater November 8, 2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keto (Post 566413)
Thread re-use is just plain nasty, agreed. 30 day expiry, 1 bump per day, new threads for new gear.

Yeah I'd have to agree. It makes things more confusing when reusing the same thread for new stuff. Need to have BST threads expire in 30 days.