Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2011, 06:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
Here's an idea.

Why not just have a mod (or the person who owns the thread, whichever is easier) delete all the old "bump" posts if everyone thinks there's too many in certain ones?

That way the rules can be kept as is and no one will complain about the length of certain FS threads.

Win-Win for everyone.
No thanks, we have enough to do without spending hours deleting old bumps.
Old November 8, 2011, 06:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't look through the BST section that often and from what I have seen I think most of it runs well and should not be changed.

But I will say that in some cases a new thread should be made. A perfect example in my mind is review units FS thread. Now maybe not even a new thread needed but cleaned up. As it is, we are at page 26 (my settings) and only the first and last two pages are in any way relevant. So maybe just with certain threads that get reused a lot, there should be some sort of either cleaning or closing and starting a new. I completely agree with not having more than one active thread. So once everything is sold from a thread and there are multiple pages of posts either clean it or close it and start a new one when needed.

As for actual rule changes, I can only see one change that I would really endorse but is not a huge deal. That is bumping down to just once per 24 hours, otherwise it is all good with regards to the rules.

Old November 8, 2011, 09:32 PM
Top Prospect

I think it is perfectly fine the way it is. Some people re use, some people do not.

If it bothers you that much, then don't buy from the person. As soon as you get your hardware, will you care if the person bumps 100 times a day, or once a year? The BST isn't like other sections, you really only need the first page, and the last page, both easily accessible.