Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2011, 02:34 PM
F@H

My System Specs

That being said, I try to view EVERY new BST thread to make sure it complies with the rules, and I log in at least 4 times a day. Although some of you may be unhappy with the current system, it works for the mods and the majority of users.
Old November 8, 2011, 03:09 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

if the System ain't broke, no need to fix it. I update my own original for sale thread, so post one aka OP is always current, I bump my own thread, no need for any comments /thread crapping in my for sale thread, got a question..PM is key, if your question(s) are relevant they will magically appear in the OP to help other prospective buyers. I don think I've ever sifted past page one of anyone's FS thread. unless there is a thread crap battle between people other than the OP, sometimes its humorous, before the Mods get to it and remove said crap.
Old November 8, 2011, 03:12 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I like re-using the same FS thread because it would be a pain to keep track of 4 or 5 of them. Besides, I think having multiple FS threads would be annoying for others. What if I was to bump all 4 or 5 at once? That would be ridiculous.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I see an interesting FS thread title I only look at the first post, and if I have a question I send a PM. Why would anyone want to search through any amount of pages/posts? It's simple. Send a PM asking for details or with an offer to buy. If you want to know about a product, use google and find the manufacturers product page. No need to discuss anything in FS thread in my opinion.

WTB threads are different, and that's when I'll make a new thread because it serves a different purpose and I'm not always looking to buy something. Also that's a situation where questions and small discussions are warranted.

Just my 2 cents.
Old November 8, 2011, 03:25 PM
MVP

I certainly agree you wouldn't want to have 5 ads floating around.

Then maybe it would be easier to break the BST up into sub-sections? Not a dozen of them, just 3 or 4, like:
-main system components - cpu, RAM, mobo, HD/SSD
-video (could be with above, but I see it being a popular sub)
-cases, psu's and cooling
-misc (networking, mobile & phones, dunno what else might fit)
-feel like I'm missing something major.

Just a thought. Easier for both buyers and sellers to get where they want faster. Would then allow sellers to have multiple ads (1 per sub) but smaller and more manageable. Would also allow 'sold' ads to be deleted more easily, preventing the long kazillion bumps + discussions threads - it's ridiculous to me (and not just me, judging by the earlier responses) that ads over a year old from inception are still running.

I'm on a lot of different hobby forums, most are done that way - I recognize that that doesn't necessarily make it 'right' for HWC.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite
Old November 8, 2011, 03:30 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolHandL View Post
if the System ain't broke, no need to fix it. I update my own original for sale thread, so post one aka OP is always current, I bump my own thread, no need for any comments /thread crapping in my for sale thread, got a question..PM is key, if your question(s) are relevant they will magically appear in the OP to help other prospective buyers. I don think I've ever sifted past page one of anyone's FS thread. unless there is a thread crap battle between people other than the OP, sometimes its humorous, before the Mods get to it and remove said crap.
Pretty much bang on.
Old November 8, 2011, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Well Ryan could always hook me up with modcp again but since I am a hard ass it would be infraction central.
With any rules;/

A great idea.

I swear there is a BST suggestion every year.

Keep in mind, the BST is only a small section of the forums.
Old November 8, 2011, 04:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How about 1 bump per day maximum, after 30 days of inactivity the thread becomes locked.
Old November 8, 2011, 04:31 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Here's an idea.

Why not just have a mod (or the person who owns the thread, whichever is easier) delete all the old "bump" posts if everyone thinks there's too many in certain ones?

That way the rules can be kept as is and no one will complain about the length of certain FS threads.

Win-Win for everyone.
Old November 8, 2011, 04:54 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

bump lol sorry
Old November 8, 2011, 05:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't see a huge problem with the extra bumps as it's usually 2-3 pages tops that are actually active BST. But I do think the suggestion could be put in the rules to not bump until you're on page 3. I gotta say though that I also find the excessive re-use of threads annoying. Sure, people should only have on thread at a time, but I'd prefer them just making a new thread after their 5th sale in 5 months, etc... :)