Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2011, 01:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

For those of you looking to do away with re-using threads, keep in mind that we strongly encourage individuals to have only one buy/sell thread at a time, and would probably start handing out infractions for folks who don't follow those guidelines.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 8, 2011, 01:51 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
For those of you looking to do away with re-using threads, keep in mind that we strongly encourage individuals to have only one buy/sell thread at a time, and would probably start handing out infractions for folks who don't follow those guidelines.
which in my mind... is wrong.
but it's not my board, so all I can do is voice my opinion.

If people could lock their own bst thread(whitout bringing it back to the top upon lock), then people could lock their old bst and make a new one to post their unsold items along with their newly added items. That way, they only have 1 active thread.

Last edited by blaze_125; November 8, 2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old November 8, 2011, 01:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Remember for those that have not been here that long this was heavily discussed and the general consensus amongst both the Staff and Members was this system.

And as stated by Lowfat, if there is relevant discussion going on in FS/WTB thread it shouldnt be since all fs discussion are to be done through PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old November 8, 2011, 02:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze_125 View Post
which in my mind... is wrong.
but it's not my board, so all I can do is voice my opinion.

If people could lock their own bst thread(whitout bringing it back to the top upon lock), then people could lock their old bst and make a new one to post their unsold items along with their newly added items. That way, they only have 1 active thread.
Would you rather that somebody who is parting out a whole system would have 5+ active threads, and be allowed to bump each one? We strongly encourage single "active" threads for exactly this reason.

In most cases, the folks who've got long multi-page buy/sell threads are the folks who've almost always got something up for sale.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 8, 2011, 02:02 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
who remembers the thread with the guy who was trying to sell his usb missile launcher for $40 and went for 3 pages cause he kept bumping it :p
WTF?!?!

I missed a FREAKING USB MISSILE LAUNCHER!?!

God

edit: I agree that reusing threads makes it easier. Everything is confined to one thread, rather than a whole mess of them. I know there are a few people who almost always have a thing or two for sale. If they had to make new threads every time something new came up... As said earlier, it doesn't really save any time for the buyer too. Either way, you need to press last page, or the little number. In fact, it saves time as last page is a lot bigger.

And adding a mod just for the BST would be crazy, the poor soul would never have time to do anything else.

Last edited by NI3; November 8, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old November 8, 2011, 02:03 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Would you rather that somebody who is parting out a whole system would have 5+ active threads, and be allowed to bump each one?
No.
That's why a moderator is assigned to the bst. So that common sense can be forced onto people who don't know better.
There will always be people who abuse a system. No matter which system is implemented.
Old November 8, 2011, 02:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
No.
That's why a moderator is assigned to the bst. So that common sense can be forced onto people who don't know better.
There will always be people who abuse a system. No matter which system is implemented.
Yeah right do you have any idea how much time goes into the FS section as it is?

As stated we have tried it your way before, it didnt work. Thats why this system is in place since members bitched constantly about how it was setup before.

IMO I say simple lock FS/WTB threads to members over 1-2 years and @ least 100 posts.
I said it then so I will say it again.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old November 8, 2011, 02:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
No.
And as it stands, the system works just fine thank you.
Which is why it has stood the test of time here at HWC (the current one).
As well we actively enforce threadcrapping, and anyone who gets legitimate questions asked about there gear UPDATEs the OP with the new info. At least in my 3 years here that is what I have seen.

We also Don't "Assign" moderators. Otherwise we would need more people than we have to constantly make sure everything is taken care of on the Forum in all Canadian Time Zones.
There is a lot more that happens and has happened that you might understand Blaze.
Which is why we have the Status Quo right now.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old November 8, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well Ryan could always hook me up with modcp again but since I am a hard ass it would be infraction central.
With any rules;/

Quote:
Old November 8, 2011, 02:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
And as it stands, the system works just fine thank you.
Which is why it has stood the test of time here at HWC (the current one).
As well we actively enforce threadcrapping, and anyone who gets legitimate questions asked about there gear UPDATEs the OP with the new info. At least in my 3 years here that is what I have seen.

We also Don't "Assign" moderators. Otherwise we would need more people than we have to constantly make sure everything is taken care of on the Forum in all Canadian Time Zones.
There is a lot more that happens and has happened that you might understand Blaze.
Which is why we have the Status Quo right now.

-ST
Yep, there is a reason why there is a report button on every single post, even within the BST, its to alert ALL moderator staff to look into it. Every single one of us will get an email alert when a post has been reported and whomever is around typically deals with it. If you see something you think is breaking the rules in BST or even the forums in general, report it and it'll get looked at faster then say posting in it yourself about they are breaking a rule or hope we'll catch it. Sometimes we don't see it and the report button is there to allow the community to have some kind of involvement in keeping the rules/peace here.