Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2011, 03:33 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
hehe I never noticed anything different really.
And know matter where I am on the net if I know the Answer to some thing that might help someone else I try to help them out.
My thoughts exatcly; plus it's good exposure for the sight. People are just being hard asses (no offence ment to any members/folks) - a normal human response to change. In the long run some new members will stay and some will not.

Obviously, nobody wants the site to turn in a big joke, but Linus' section actually weeds out many of the valid yet truelly noobie/Google-is-your-friend questions and sums them up in a focused section; so what is wrong with that?

Last edited by EmptyMellon; September 30, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old September 30, 2011, 03:35 PM
FredDurstIsStillCool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiato View Post
Dan is awesome. He's as great as an enthusiast as anyone else. As far as I can tell, he was a good guy with good intentions. I feel bad about what happened to him, but I'm sure I'm missing some facts. If you're reading this, hey Dan!
Seemed like a friggin' head case to me. i shipped him a bunch of old stuff including some RAM, CPU, mobo etc (was a bundle deal) and the CPU had some bent pins on it. He re-bent the pins straight, but refused to test the CPU, so i offered to just refund it and he can keep the stupid thing and he wouldn't do that either. Kept insisting he had to mail it back to me. It was some stupid single core Sempron. The cost of shipping it to him and back to me was more than it was worth :P

I guess that's why he finally stopped PMing me asking for my address. roflcopter.
Old October 2, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It makes no sense at all to have a section for this when these posts could be made in the appropriate sections with links to those responses. Why does this need a single confusing section full of randomness? Makes it nearly impossible to even sort anything out that's being asked unless one feels to search that one section to answer questions for numerous and various issues.

This seems more like a traffic generator than anything to help gain points for statistics.
Old October 2, 2011, 12:31 PM
MVP
F@H

Might I suggest that it gets set up so only Linus or an admin can post a new topic in there? There are a few people who posted their own questions in there that would be more likely to get answered if they posted it in the right spot.
Old October 2, 2011, 06:30 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredDurstIsStillCool View Post
Seemed like a friggin' head case to me. i shipped him a bunch of old stuff including some RAM, CPU, mobo etc (was a bundle deal) and the CPU had some bent pins on it. He re-bent the pins straight, but refused to test the CPU, so i offered to just refund it and he can keep the stupid thing and he wouldn't do that either. Kept insisting he had to mail it back to me. It was some stupid single core Sempron. The cost of shipping it to him and back to me was more than it was worth :P

I guess that's why he finally stopped PMing me asking for my address. roflcopter.

Lets keep this on track please. He might not be here but I don't want members slagging him.

Flyingfish, good idea I'll forward to the higher ups.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 2, 2011, 09:13 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
hehe I never noticed anything different really.
And know matter where I am on the net if I know the Answer to some thing that might help someone else I try to help them out.

I agree 100%.

Linus how about linking the person to the specific thread in question, in your answer.
eg. mobo Q. link motherboards. system build - new builds. etc.

This brings them deeper into the form and maybe they will stay longer.

As for it becoming an NCIX form, new blood has to come from somewhere, and these people are already looking beyond a store bought solution.

Welcome change, keep up the good work.