Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 29, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dan wasn't that bad of a guy, at first it was annoying but I believe he has no ill attention.

Look at his folding stats. What a guy, still helping the team.

Kakao Stats - Production History - _dangtx_
Old September 29, 2011, 05:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

There was a thread in the Off Topic about it. In there it was hinted he said something, whether in a post, pm or iirc, that offended somebody. In his posting style that was quite likely, but I like the guy.

It is pretty awesome that he is still folding for HWC.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 29, 2011, 05:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't mean to threadjack, but it must have been pretty bad, I thought it would be something like a week ban, but I dunno... And I noticed there was another regular that was banned (with him ?).
Old September 29, 2011, 05:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Two seperate incidents I believe.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old September 29, 2011, 05:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks to someone's mom .......

Last edited by Silvgearx; September 29, 2011 at 05:50 PM.
Old September 29, 2011, 05:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
There was a thread in the Off Topic about it. In there it was hinted he said something, whether in a post, pm or iirc, that offended somebody. In his posting style that was quite likely, but I like the guy.

It is pretty awesome that he is still folding for HWC.
Indeed it is awesome. Dan had a good heart no matter what else you thought about him.

Well, the additional members is a good thing obviously and hopefully we can expand the community some more.
Fold for team #54196
Old September 29, 2011, 06:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Indeed it is awesome. Dan had a good heart no matter what else you thought about him.

Well, the additional members is a good thing obviously and hopefully we can expand the community some more.
It was honestly something that none of us want to do. And of which I didn't want to happen.
Ironically it was the members that decided that fate, moreso than anything else.

As for the Q and A, I am happy to see it here. Will help keep the site fresh and alive.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 29, 2011, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

hehe I never noticed anything different really.
And know matter where I am on the net if I know the Answer to some thing that might help someone else I try to help them out.
Old September 29, 2011, 07:47 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvgearx View Post
Dan wasn't that bad of a guy, at first it was annoying but I believe he has no ill attention.

Look at his folding stats. What a guy, still helping the team.

Kakao Stats - Production History - _dangtx_
Dan is awesome. He's as great as an enthusiast as anyone else. As far as I can tell, he was a good guy with good intentions. I feel bad about what happened to him, but I'm sure I'm missing some facts. If you're reading this, hey Dan!

Personally, I don't care for the Linus Q&A. So far they appear to be the sort of question enthusiasts would typically want newbies to Google -- akin to teaching a man to fish. However, I understand that Hardware Canucks is a business and such cross promotional activities are part of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Ironically it was the members that decided that fate, moreso than anything else.
I guess I missed the vote. Perhaps it was an irc vote? ;)
Old September 30, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

When did this forum become Linus' personal inbox? I don't really come by often but when half the new threads are in this new section its kindof annoying and doesn't really look good. Have we become NCIX's thread? Why isnt this section in their forum?