Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Who changed the setting

I 'm wondering who changed the settings in the buy/sell forum for having the ability to create a post. It used to be 10 posts did it not? Now it's 25? I need to create a thread in that forum and cannot.

thx.
Old September 28, 2011, 08:55 AM
F@H

My System Specs

At one point there was no post requirement but that created many problems so a new post count was iniatiated. This has been in effect for quite some time now (over 6 months I believe).

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 28, 2011, 10:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Guess it is time to get active ;-)
Old September 28, 2011, 11:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

It's always been 25 posts, and it's been a requirement for well over a year now.
Old September 28, 2011, 11:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
It's always been 25 posts, and it's been a requirement for well over a year now.
Looking at the name I am assuming it is Hades, (clshades there cant be more than one)
who for those of you that have been here for years will know used to be a member in the first few years.
Looking through the members list shows that Hades is no longer a user here so I would assume that that account was closed and he started a new one.
So considering he was probably around back before the FS threads post limit was activated and/or around for the first move to limit posters on the fs/wtb section (10 posts for those that remember) I would assume that is why he asked about the 10 post limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 28, 2011, 12:24 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Looking at the name I am assuming it is Hades, (clshades there cant be more than one)
who for those of you that have been here for years will know used to be a member in the first few years.
Looking through the members list shows that Hades is no longer a user here so I would assume that that account was closed and he started a new one.
So considering he was probably around back before the FS threads post limit was activated and/or around for the first move to limit posters on the fs/wtb section (10 posts for those that remember) I would assume that is why he asked about the 10 post limit.
Probably right, I never even knew there was one because I had 200-1000 posts before I needed to buy or sell anything :)

That being said yes it could be hades (He had asked that his original account be nuked way back).

Good Detective work, were you a Mod at some point?

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old September 28, 2011, 01:33 PM

Supergrover was one of the original mods here iirc.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old September 28, 2011, 01:39 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Supergrover was one of the original mods here iirc.
You changed your avatar and the sarcasm/joking meter must have broken .

Him and 3.0 trained my sorry self to where I am today.

-ST

Old September 28, 2011, 02:01 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

And you are still doing a mighty fine good job too.
We trained you well, my Young Padawan.
Old September 28, 2011, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hopefully you didn't learn too much from 3.0. I kinda thought his appointment was something akin to putting a bull in charge of safeguarding the china shop.

Follow my benching, folding, mining and miscellaneous shenanigans @dt_oc