Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4, 2011, 08:53 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default minor suggestion to the mods and open letter

It has come to my attention that _dangtx_ has been banned from this forum. I am not aware of all the circumstances behind this but would openly offer this to the mods. Since I have known him.... He has been one of the most helpfull members I have known. Always there to help and asking nothing in return. His presence will be missed greatly due to the shear amount of help he has offered forum members in the past. I would ask the mod's to reconsider his banning and if possible work something out.

I am a member of the hardware community myself (New to Hardware Canucks though) and it pains me to see good members that help the masses in difficulty. Like Dan I personally help alot of people just for the sake of helping. If this is not a feather in his cap... Im not sure what the definition of good sumaritan is any more. I would ask the powers that be to reconsider his bann and to take my testimony as Character whitness. I would also offer that he is a very good trader and an asset to the hardware community.

Sincerely
Blackheart or (Hblackheart) on other forums.
And yes I can do everything but spell...
Old September 4, 2011, 09:27 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackheart View Post
It has come to my attention that _dangtx_ has been banned from this forum. I am not aware of all the circumstances behind this but would openly offer this to the mods. Since I have known him.... He has been one of the most helpfull members I have known. Always there to help and asking nothing in return. His presence will be missed greatly due to the shear amount of help he has offered forum members in the past. I would ask the mod's to reconsider his banning and if possible work something out.

I am a member of the hardware community myself (New to Hardware Canucks though) and it pains me to see good members that help the masses in difficulty. Like Dan I personally help alot of people just for the sake of helping. If this is not a feather in his cap... Im not sure what the definition of good sumaritan is any more. I would ask the powers that be to reconsider his bann and to take my testimony as Character whitness. I would also offer that he is a very good trader and an asset to the hardware community.

Sincerely
Blackheart or (Hblackheart) on other forums.
And yes I can do everything but spell...

Indeed there is no denying that _dangtx_ was helpful to the forums.
However most of this decision comes from the Members Of these forums and not so much the staff.
When we the staff consistently receive messaging from Members with complaints, and have to constantly deal with 'off' posts action is needed.
_dangtx_ was openly given multiple chances beyond what is normal (yes even I will admit to being lax in usage of the forum tools to do so). He was also given multiple warnings and chats with myself in order to help clear up a lot of the friction on the forum.

Thus we reached this decision right now. This is not permenant , at least not as of yet. This matter is being reviewed. However what is many times failed to be understood is it was the members who helped make this happen.
And there were many who are not here because of certain situations.

My open Letter back in regards to this matter.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old September 4, 2011, 09:38 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the reply. After reading what was wrote by both parties... I just have to smack my head. Seems some one got bent outa shape over nothing much. Lol,, I know both of them and know more now than when I wrote this. My letter is unchanged.

Thank you for your time and patience. I've had to excercise alot of patience at distort and don't miss the mod position. It is alot of commitment and your effort is much appreciated. No one knows how hard modding is untill you have done it for a year or 2.
Thanks... Blackheart
Old September 4, 2011, 09:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackheart View Post
Thanks for the reply. After reading what was wrote by both parties... I just have to smack my head. Seems some one got bent outa shape over nothing much. Lol,, I know both of them and know more now than when I wrote this. My letter is unchanged.

Thank you for your time and patience. I've had to excercise alot of patience at distort and don't miss the mod position. It is alot of commitment and your effort is much appreciated. No one knows how hard modding is untill you have done it for a year or 2.
Thanks... Blackheart
If you are talking about the last incident in question that was deleted. That was just the final piece I suppose in a long puzzle.
Things may change in the future but as it stands the decision was made by the forums first, and then the staff. It may change in the future, but if you look at the past year alone, and the infractions we didn't issue in hopes to preserve his membership you would see this would have happened months ago..

Thank you for your time.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old September 4, 2011, 09:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
If you are talking about the last incident in question that was deleted. That was just the final piece I suppose in a long puzzle.
Things may change in the future but as it stands the decision was made by the forums first, and then the staff. It may change in the future, but if you look at the past year alone, and the infractions we didn't issue in hopes to preserve his membership you would see this would have happened months ago..

Thank you for your time.

-ST
What does that mean?
Old September 4, 2011, 10:07 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

It means that they were trying to be fair and like most good mods, know when to write things off and be serious when needed. It's very hard to balance patience and knowing when to crack the whip and school the chicklets...
Hmmm, that slipped out of my past... Chicklets... Inside mod joke...lol
Old September 4, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I just hope Dan is given another chance. As much he bugs me sometimes he helps many people and provides much needed humour to this site.
Old September 4, 2011, 10:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

i was a victim of his latest rambling
and i did not go to the mods
i beleive in handlin stuff myself

i gotta say he dont deserve to be back
in the real world he woulda not have the guts to go off the way he did repeatedly
if i posted 1% of his rabble i woulda been banned long ago

if not for anger managent classes that i attended this year it woulda turned out verry different

evga e760 +920 4.8 water5.0+ on phase linx stable
gtx285 tri-sli
dfi ut-p35 lt
e8600@4.6 1.38v
too much ram
Old September 4, 2011, 10:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Anywho I don't want this thread to degenerate so I am going to peacefully close it. This will be reviewed, perhaps in the future he will be back.

-ST

Closed Thread

Tags
att mods