Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   No thread to comment? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/44995-no-thread-comment.html)

martin_metal_88 July 18, 2011 04:54 PM

No thread to comment?

I am missing something or there is a few news that have no thread to comment? Like this Enermax thing that I want to bitch about :P I seriously hate the comment box at the bottom of it! I want my old thread back :(

ilya July 18, 2011 04:57 PM

With the increased amount of news, I think they just don't want to spam the forums with threads that might not get any discussion at all.

But then again, I'll have to actually go to the HWC main page for tech news now.

supaflyx3 July 18, 2011 05:06 PM

Why not make it yourself martin? They staff are quite busy :P

sswilson July 18, 2011 05:08 PM

hmmmmmm....... Yeah, that's different. Maybe it's an attempt to keep the anon "guest" spammers off of the forums?

Posts from the main page have always been slightly different from a Mod's perspective WRT how we manage them, but this is a completely different kettle of fish...... Maybe it's just something they're trying out, and don't have configured yet.

chrisk July 18, 2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswilson (Post 534171)
Maybe it's just something they're trying out, and don't have configured yet.

This is my guess. We have seen 'mystery points bars' appear, move around, and disappear again over the last week or so.

SKYMTL July 18, 2011 06:54 PM

Actually, VBbridge which links Wordpress (main page) to the forums hasn't been updated in a while and wasn't fully compatible with the new version of Wordpress.

martin_metal_88 July 18, 2011 07:07 PM

But that does not answer my question, will a thread for almost all news come back one day or I will have to make them linking the news when I will want to comment on a news? The point is not only that I love the old school but it's also a good way of information for many poeple imo ( when we are serious in our comment ( pretty rare for some of us :) ))

EmptyMellon July 18, 2011 07:43 PM

To add my 2 cents, I too liked the old format better. In the end, if there is no comment to a NEWS thread after (lets say) 3 months, delete the thread. Realy, from a tech news perspective, 3 months without a comment does not realy make it news anymore.

SKYMTL July 18, 2011 07:47 PM

Maybe you guys don't understand: we didn't WANT to remove it. We HAD to remove it because it was crashing the site.

You can STILL post comments on news posts by clicking the Comment button under the news post.

Alternately, the news posters and I will try to post forum threads every now and then for important news / rumors.

Supergrover July 18, 2011 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 534251)
Maybe you guys don't understand: we didn't WANT to remove it. We HAD to remove it because it was crashing the site.

You can STILL post comments on news posts by clicking the Comment button under the news post.

Alternately, the news posters and I will try to post forum threads every now and then for important news / rumors.

So why did you take it away?:bleh:

Ha ha sorry I got you right away and well rum makes fools of us all.

Good to hear it will be implemented again when able, I usually just pull what I want from the FP but I have stumbled in from the threads too, just not as much.