Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 15, 2011, 06:14 PM
Rookie

Default Bios Tutorial Video

would it be possible to make one with the quality of your build video, I understand how to build a computer now, but how do u set up the bios
‪Hardware Canucks Guide to Building Your Own Personal Computer (PC)‬‏ - YouTube,
Old July 15, 2011, 06:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Would definitely be interesting to watch. Biggest issue is that BIOS can vary from motherboard to motherboard, even on boards from the same manufacturer. To top it off the new UEFI bios is different than the old dos type bios--in both the graphical presentation and the features offered.
Old July 15, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

Really isn't anything you need to setup in the bios anymore. There was once a time setting certain things up properly benefited but now its basically assembled and go.

If you want to do stuff in your bios its mostly for tweaking or overclocking.
Old July 15, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ena is right.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old July 15, 2011, 07:23 PM
Rookie

I was considering overclocking, could hardware canucks make a video on that
so it will auto detect most things, I just need to do things in the bios if i want raid & overclocking etc
what if i was running multiple graphics cards would it detect that
also on a side note, will all the drivers come on the disks or will I have to go to the manufacturers website for the cpu, graphics card & motherboard & sound card & hard drives
Old July 15, 2011, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There are plenty of tutorials on youtube, many from NCIX.
I don't think a bios tutorial would be a very good idea because every bios is different, and that could leave a margin for error if someone follows a guide that isn't specifically for their board and screws something up.
Old July 15, 2011, 08:52 PM
Rookie

can someone answer my question please
Old July 15, 2011, 11:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You will ALWAYS want to download the drivers from the manufacturer website, never use the disc unless you need it for raid drivers while installing windows.
Old July 16, 2011, 01:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXKraKenIX View Post
I was considering overclocking, could hardware canucks make a video on that
so it will auto detect most things, I just need to do things in the bios if i want raid & overclocking etc
what if i was running multiple graphics cards would it detect that
also on a side note, will all the drivers come on the disks or will I have to go to the manufacturers website for the cpu, graphics card & motherboard & sound card & hard drives
Instead of video requests, you could always ask in the forums. You'd get answers alot faster than waiting for a video, and can ask questions specific to your needs. You also have 3 questions in one sentence. Try to explain what you're looking to accomplish a bit more, but make a thread in one of the other subsections, like here: Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking - Hardware Canucks

Old July 16, 2011, 04:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It would be kind of possible to make those video but since every OC have different setting etc it's not really worth it. There is also a tons of different bios while building a computer is always the same ( mostly ).
Better answer?

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||