Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2011, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default a simple request

I am an avid WebOS user and was hopful that the great forum gods of this community would take the time to make this forum even better by making it comatible with a new app released on the platform. Forums makes it a lot easier to participate while mobile. The app has gotten some very good reviews and I find myself enjoying it as well. According to the devs that made the app it shouldn't be very difficult to accomplish. Here is the website for the devs Newness Developments and I hope that this will happen soon.

blah hat may not make any sense at all owell, would like it you guys would do this for me and the other webos users hat frequent your forums
Old January 29, 2011, 02:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

any chance of this happening, all us loyal palm users would be greatly in your debt
Old February 14, 2011, 12:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

if you dont feel webos is wide spread enough to deserve a response there is an android app that also works on the same principles.
Old February 14, 2011, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

I dont think app driven web mobility makes any sense.

gotta be driven by standards.
Old February 15, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

tapatalk is the standard that powers the app, as it does on android, ios, windows phone, blackberry. And as for the app, I dont know about the other platforms but the functionality of the webOS version is stunning

Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, webOS, Windows Phone 7 (WP7), Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, SMF and more
Old February 15, 2011, 10:40 PM
Hall Of Fame

again meh. I dont think the forum devs care to support one particular app, especially a paid one...

I browse the forum fine on opera mobile :P
Old February 17, 2011, 12:14 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

We are still working with developers to figure out the best solution for the forums on mobile devices. Tapatalk is a good system, but we really don't have any interest in asking our users to pay to use the forums if there is another option.

When a mobile version does come, there will be some device/OS focus but it should be paired with a mobile option as well for use with any device with a browser.
Old February 18, 2011, 01:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

from my experience with the Forums app on my Pre it is very well designed and built, it is worth the price imo. I agree free alternatives are good but at the moment Forums is a very polished app with full forum functionality and I dont access forums from anywhere but there on my phone now if I can help it, just feels backwards. And unless you want your own app its free.

Just wondering, I know there isnt another option apart from the browser on webOS are there other options, free options for the iphone or android?
Old June 13, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hall Of Fame

just mildly interested in if theres been any movement on this, all of the major platforms have a free and paid version (free being the viewer and paid being the editable one). I'm still using the WebOS Forums app and still think its well worth the money I paid for it, and now with the touchpad and an upgraded forums app coming out I thought I'd resurrect this thread.