Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16, 2010, 03:01 PM
MVP

Default Sponsor deals

So another website I like to checkout is hardocp.com, and in their forums they have a [H]ot deals section where users post good sales and discounts on popular computer products. There are also stickies for major websites to post weekly deals, and they even have Hardocp exclusive deals, like entering a coupon code at checkout with hardocp in the code. They even take requests! Users will reply "Hey newegg webmaster, could we see some discounts on ____ product?" and more often then not the next week it is on sale. Here is the page:
[H]ot|DEALS - [H]ard|Forum

In comparison, Hardware Canucks sponsor deals section is burried at the bottom of the forums and doesn't seem terribly active, almost all the posts have no replies. Would there be any way to rework this so that it becomes more popular? I am always seeing these great deals on video cards and SSDs etc over at Hardocp but they are in the United States so these deals are not available to me. If Newegg.com gives Hardocp exclusive coupon codes, why wouldn't Newegg.ca give Hardware Cancucks the same treatment? Here are there [H]ot deals rules, just FYI: [H]ard|Forum - Announcements in Forum : [H]ot|DEALS

Thoughts?
Old November 16, 2010, 03:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Seeing as NCIX sponsors forums on our board, it would be a little tough to get their competitors to do the same.
Old November 16, 2010, 03:07 PM
MVP

Are there hardware canucks exclusive NCIX deals I have been missing?
Old November 16, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Had something like it a while ago, it is just far to difficult to manage and co-ordinate on a regular basis. We do/did have special savings and coupon codes in the newsletter; there has been free shipping, 10% off, and other hot products - it's just a matter of getting the newsletter out and finishing the update

That said, there is currently a little something in the works that should satisfy your itch. Check back around the beginning of December

To be brutally honest though - most "deal shopping" is eaten up by RFD who pretty much holds a monopoly on the whole thing, especially given the limited Canadian consumer reach. Stores would much rather put money there than a poky little hardware website
Old November 16, 2010, 03:42 PM
MVP

What is RFD?

I apologize for my ignorance.

One more thing, this suggestion isn't all about sponsor deals, it is also about user found deals. It allows the power of many eyes to spot the deals and relay them here.
Old November 16, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
What is RFD?

I apologize for my ignorance.

One more thing, this suggestion isn't all about sponsor deals, it is also about user found deals. It allows the power of many eyes to spot the deals and relay them here.

wow, really never heard of RFD? It's RedFlagDeals.com