Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2010, 07:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Front page not working for iPhone/Safari

I noticed a week or two ago that I could no longer access the main page on my iPhone, it loads a page of text and when I click on links, it just links to another brief text description and not the actual review page. The only pages that work and still look normal are on the forum... It's like it's defaulting to a mobile version and I have no option to go with the normal version. Did you guys change something recently?
Old October 16, 2010, 08:01 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I've noticed the same thing and it's very annoying. I started a thread earlier today on this same topic buy havn't had any good responses yet.
Old October 16, 2010, 08:23 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Just give it time, the Staff whom work behind the scene on this are not always on so it takes time before they can respond.

Best Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old October 17, 2010, 07:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I remember the other day I accessed HWC on my phone, and I got a new (mobile) front page instead of the regular front page, I think there is some things going on behind the scenes
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old October 17, 2010, 08:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've had the exact same problem on my HTC desire. I turned off my mobile view setting today and I'm back in business now! I'm actually writing this from my phone lol. GIve it a try!
Old October 17, 2010, 08:37 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I remember the other day I accessed HWC on my phone, and I got a new (mobile) front page instead of the regular front page, I think there is some things going on behind the scenes
Bingo. We're doing some testing for the next while so there may be times when there are issues here and there.
Old October 17, 2010, 08:41 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Will there be a mobile version of the forums too?
Fold for team #54196
Old October 17, 2010, 02:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywork View Post
I've had the exact same problem on my HTC desire. I turned off my mobile view setting today and I'm back in business now! I'm actually writing this from my phone lol. GIve it a try!
I'm pretty sure there's no option to turn this on/off on the iPhone. However, the forum works fine as I'm writing this from my phone too, but unfortunately the forum is the only thing that works. Here's hoping things will go back to normal soon...
Old October 25, 2010, 06:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

It works! Thanks!