Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
Top Prospect

Default DC section

If HWC, as Gav has said, is indeed the support forum for Direct Canada should it not have its own forum section for people who visit from there have someplace to post that is easy to find?

Or better yet.

Have them linked directly to the forum subsection they need and be able to use it(post) without having to register. Be able to post in that one DC support section without registering only and be restricted from posting any place else until registering as normal.
Old December 8, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'll go out on a limb here and say that while DC sponsors us and in kind, we offer what support we can, the moderators here are not employees of DC and are not payed for any part of their work here. To offer the kind of support that would merit a designated DC support section would require some training for we moderators in customer service specifically for DC. If we were official customer support representatives of DC, they would have to train, and pay us, or else they would have no way of ensuring any kind of standards of customer support. While it isn't a bad idea, it is a can of worms that noone has ventured to open yet as it could get complicated.
Old December 8, 2007, 05:35 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babrbarossa View Post
I'll go out on a limb here and say that while DC sponsors us and in kind, we offer what support we can, the moderators here are not employees of DC and are not payed for any part of their work here. To offer the kind of support that would merit a designated DC support section would require some training for we moderators in customer service specifically for DC. If we were official customer support representatives of DC, they would have to train, and pay us, or else they would have no way of ensuring any kind of standards of customer support. While it isn't a bad idea, it is a can of worms that noone has ventured to open yet as it could get complicated.
Hrm yeah I never thought of the liabilty issues that could arise. I heard someone say it once, that HWC was the official support forum of some such....alrighty then never mind.

I spew out whatever comes into my brain.
Old December 8, 2007, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Not so much the liability- just the fact that we (I) don't know much about the inner workings of DC, and I suppose that they can't really ask us to learn about DC customer service without some sort of remuneration; But personally, I'd like to be able to answer the questions of people that come here with questions abour DC- I never know what to tell them and I feel badly letting their posts sit there unanswered.
Old December 8, 2007, 10:12 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

DC links to this site as a community supported Canadian tech forum as they don't have one on their site.

That being said, there are many knowledgeable people here that are more than willing to help people out with their tech problems.
Old December 9, 2007, 07:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I feel you guys really need to have them put a disclaimer in when someone clicks on their link to this site because people are under a very false assumption that they are coming to a site supported by DC. In fact, I find it difficult to understand why they could not take a few minutes a day to have an official from DC give official support here. They would/should have their own section to deal directly with issues. If you think about it, there are very few requests for direct support from them and since they are offered a free format to give such support, it doesn't show much customer support. Don't get me wrong, I use DC all the time and the people answering support tickets are awesome. But I firmly believe it makes little sense to have this site linked with their site when there is no connection other than other enthusiasts. People are getting a very wrong impression.
Old December 9, 2007, 09:35 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Good point. I'll look into this next week.