Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5, 2010, 03:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default iTrader feeback follow up comments

It seems that this may need to be implemented. I have noticed a certain trader that has caused me issues is also causing issues with other people. I am not naming names and unless this trader openly exposes himself I have no interest in doing such. However, I would really like the ability to post a follow up comment (like Ebay allows) in his feedback profile to show that this trader is a problem. Is this possible?
Old September 5, 2010, 04:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going to move this into the "suggestions" area so that one of the back room coders will get a chance to see it.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old September 5, 2010, 04:10 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

There is an option to comment or post under an existing itrader, which I recently have found myself using. From what I understand you want a comment box for the trader in general, and not any specific transaction? That would be a great idea, though just have to be careful that idiots don't abuse it. I'm talking about biased people, people who don't understand "phenom 550 (x4 3.6-8ghz)" is a dual core and will give you a negative for inproper item description, etc (that happened at rfd not here). I just wanted to make sure that mods don't let these comments unfairly be posted up on someone's account, but otherwise it's a great idea.
Old September 5, 2010, 04:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks Steve! Never thought to put it here first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0 View Post
There is an option to comment or post under an existing itrader, which I recently have found myself using. From what I understand you want a comment box for the trader in general, and not any specific transaction? That would be a great idea, though just have to be careful that idiots don't abuse it. I'm talking about biased people, people who don't understand "phenom 550 (x4 3.6-8ghz)" is a dual core and will give you a negative for inproper item description, etc (that happened at rfd not here). I just wanted to make sure that mods don't let these comments unfairly be posted up on someone's account, but otherwise it's a great idea.

RFD is a cesspool of people who like to bully sellers. It is not an example to be used.

I am exclusively talking about the feedback follow comment ability exactly as Ebay does.

Last edited by b1lk1; September 5, 2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old September 6, 2010, 06:35 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I totally support this Idea and I think it would be a great feature
Old September 7, 2010, 03:40 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

+1....
Server system
|I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|RAID5 5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|

Twitch
Old September 7, 2010, 04:22 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Part of the problem I foresee with something like this is "vengeful" follow ups. Someone sells something that works when they get it, by some fluke or the buyers own hand it fails shortly after. Being allowed to amend the feedback could result in additional comments that don't necessarily reflect the integrity/character of the seller.

Sure, it is nice when a seller agrees to help you with the RMA, but ultimately it is unfair to "dock" them points because they won't. This shouldn't be an expectation in Private BST.

Feedback should only reflect your own personal buy/selling experience while the sale is going on. Once money changes hands, the product is received and tested, the transaction is over. What happens after should have no consequence on feedback unless there is some sort of implied warranty/contract between the buyer/seller.

That's my opinion though'

Outside of that, I actually don't think iTrader has the option for public comments. The only way may be to make the private comments (viewed by buyer, seller and admins) public.
Old September 7, 2010, 05:00 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Sure, it is nice when a seller agrees to help you with the RMA, but ultimately it is unfair to "dock" them points because they won't. This shouldn't be an expectation in Private BST.
i disagree with this comment,
if they use this as a selling feature then their basically selling you warranty, if they dont follow through with it than their NOT providing the service they said they would if you buy their card.

Old September 7, 2010, 05:08 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
i disagree with this comment,
if they use this as a selling feature then their basically selling you warranty, if they dont follow through with it than their NOT providing the service they said they would if you buy their card.
I think he means buyers will give bad feedback even if the seller doesn't stipulate they'll help with RMA, or says they won't.

If a seller offers help with an RMA, and then reneges on that promise, then that would be worth writing a negative review about. But if the buyer expects help with an RMA even though the seller hasn't stated they'd be of assistance, then it's unfair for the seller to have a bad review written about them.
Old September 7, 2010, 05:17 PM
F@H

My System Specs

My buttons are a little different than the rest of you.... do you have an "edit" link in the iTrader panel (upper r/h)?

Now, without wanting to open up an entire can of worms, if the seller reneged on a part of the original sale (as in offering to set up secondary warranty, or offering to help with RMA) it would probably be possible for us to edit the original rating. I want to stress however that this would only be done in exceptional cases, and it would take an exorbitant amount of leg work for mods.

Another option that could be discussed (and I'm just throwing this out there.... don't take it as coming from a mod, and as such "official" policy) would be to input a second rating in the case that follow through on promises made by the seller haven't been honoured. I'm not even sure if the system will allow you to "double rate", and again this would only be in extreme circumstances.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP