Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2010, 05:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Double rating is kinda how Ebay does it only they do tie the second rating onto the 1st. I completely understand if this is just too hard and time consuming to try and do since you guys do have a life. I was mostly hoping there was something in the coding you could switch on and it was there. If not, no worries here, I am not looking for vengeance, I am mostly looking for a public way to warn people about traders that go bad after the sale is said and done.

Thanks for looking it over and whatever you guys deem best is what I will accept!
Old September 7, 2010, 07:28 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
+1....
HWC strongly discourages this kind of response. I understand the sentiment (especially if you don't have much to add to the discussion), but in the future, please make an attempt to express your opinion on the subject rather than just bumping it up with a +1 or a ^^^ This.

It might seem like nitpicking, but there are too many forums out there where the "+1" becomes the bulk of conversation, and we'd really like to avoid having that happen here.

Thanks.

Steve

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old September 7, 2010, 07:28 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Another option that could be discussed (and I'm just throwing this out there.... don't take it as coming from a mod, and as such "official" policy) would be to input a second rating in the case that follow through on promises made by the seller haven't been honoured. I'm not even sure if the system will allow you to "double rate", and again this would only be in extreme circumstances.
I'm pretty sure the system will allow you to do that. I received a double rating once (accidentally on the part of the seller).
Old September 8, 2010, 04:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I hope we don't use ebay as the model....
Old September 8, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
HWC strongly discourages this kind of response. I understand the sentiment (especially if you don't have much to add to the discussion), but in the future, please make an attempt to express your opinion on the subject rather than just bumping it up with a +1 or a ^^^ This.

It might seem like nitpicking, but there are too many forums out there where the "+1" becomes the bulk of conversation, and we'd really like to avoid having that happen here.

Thanks.

Steve
+1 ^^^ QFT
:)

I say we get a "Thanks" button added!(to each post) that way we can give the people who want to +1 a way to do so without taking up more space.
Old September 10, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Part of the problem I foresee with something like this is "vengeful" follow ups. Someone sells something that works when they get it, by some fluke or the buyers own hand it fails shortly after. Being allowed to amend the feedback could result in additional comments that don't necessarily reflect the integrity/character of the seller.

Sure, it is nice when a seller agrees to help you with the RMA, but ultimately it is unfair to "dock" them points because they won't. This shouldn't be an expectation in Private BST.

Feedback should only reflect your own personal buy/selling experience while the sale is going on. Once money changes hands, the product is received and tested, the transaction is over. What happens after should have no consequence on feedback unless there is some sort of implied warranty/contract between the buyer/seller.

That's my opinion though'

Outside of that, I actually don't think iTrader has the option for public comments. The only way may be to make the private comments (viewed by buyer, seller and admins) public.
I highly agree with this. With so many parts being bought and resold its not possible to keep track of all the people linked to the warrentees of some of this stuff, or maybe sellers just dont have the time or desire to help with RMAs, which technically is a pretty grey area to alot of compaines whom consider warentees to be soley bound to the original owner. Another issue is you really dont have any control of the product after it leaves your possession, one very good reason for shipping insurance. I personally think the Itrader function is perfect the way it is. If buyers and sellers would wait untill the item has been shipped, received and checked before giving feedback then there should be no need to add further comments. People need to realise your not buying a brand new item off the shelves of a store with the ability to soak up the costs of a part that fails. Even when the item is listed as brand new in box, the seller hasnt opened the box, they have no control of how that item is going to work. Its up to the buyer to assume the risk of buying used to save money over buying new and getting a garentee.

This is a little different when a seller has a trend of selling parts that fail in short periods of time, but in that situation I would have to say a mod would need to be involved. these situations dont seem to arrise to often in our BST section these days so I dont see it being so much of an issue to have a mod go over a few transactions to see if there is indeed an issue with the seller. To give the members free reign of this sort of a system imho would be counter productive, it leaves to much room for vengence. People need to understand that they are only being ripped off when they do not recieve the item listed after they have paid for it. Our BST system gives buyers a picture of the item to see, when you receive the item its up to you to go through the package contents and ensure all items are there as advertised and in working order. I have been guilty of forgetting to add items mentioned in the post, in that situation I do my best to get those items mailed to the buyer at my expense as soon as possible.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old September 10, 2010, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

You guys are nearly all completely missing the point. All I am looking for is the ability to post another sub 80 letter comment under my original comment. If I wanted to be a douchebag and smear someone, all I gotta do is post false feedback. It is quite simple to do that. Sure a mod can delete it, but it would also take the same effort to delete a sub comment should it be necessary.

So you see, I can already smear anybody I want, even if we never traded. Since I am an adult, I would only add what I felt necessary to a comment already posted. You guys are just completely over thinking this and I feel it is senseless to even continue to discuss it since it has already been made quite clear by the head coder that this is not a possibility.

/end rant
Old September 10, 2010, 08:13 PM
F@H

My System Specs

A member could smear all they want, but it will be short-lived. The mods are notified for EVERY negative rating, and an investigation follows to make sure that it is warranted. Anyone found making false comments or ratings won't be around long enough to even get a PM.

Just a friendly heads-up, as it were.
Old September 10, 2010, 08:27 PM
Banned
F@H

quick question for you guys. say you meet the guy face to face, so you got no proof of shipping. how the heck do you prove the bugger sold you x which is dead and or malfunctioning? sure you can leave a negative. but will it be revoked? :)
Old September 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, if you bought it off a thread here, and can show PM's setting up a meet, we'd probably be able to sort it out in a hurry as to who's telling the truth. :) Fortunately the scammers tend to work Craigslist, I think there are easier targets there.