Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2007, 09:22 AM
MVP

Default Why does the forum software constantly log me out?

Almost every time I am writing a response or a post and I try to post it it logs me out and I have to refresh, login and then post.

This is getting very annoying.

What is the rate of ms/s/mins that is set up on the software to deem a user inactive?

I think it should be increased at any rate.

I haven't looked at the software package for this forum in detail yet but isn't there an option to add where a user can check a box to be kept logged in?

EDIT- I know I am long winded at times and can go on but I like to make sure my posts, ideas and intentions are very clear to the reader as to not be misconstrued in any way.

qwerty.
Old December 1, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm doesn't happen for me and I have made some loooong posts, anyone else encounter this?
What browser are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 1, 2007, 11:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

it happened to me twice yesterday I was writing a pretty big reply to a post ( and I am not a very fast typer) I totally lost my train of thought after it happened so I could rewrite all of it again lol. I am thinking it is/was a bug in the site hopefully it won't bne like that today
Old December 1, 2007, 11:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default not happened yet

no problems here-although i write short posts. using firefox. Ive had sporadic problems getting into the forum though with timeouts.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old December 1, 2007, 11:40 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Never happened to me but we will look into it.
Old December 1, 2007, 12:20 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Yesterday the server had to be rebooted a couple times because we were moving the database so that could account for some of it.

As of right now the Time-out is currently set to 10min. This is usually a good setting for people that constantly hit the "New Posts" link. If it's set to high the "New Posts" will sit there far to long and it uses a fair amount for resources to keep unused connections open.

I'll up it to 30min.
Old December 1, 2007, 12:37 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Yesterday the server had to be rebooted a couple times because we were moving the database so that could account for some of it.

As of right now the Time-out is currently set to 10min. This is usually a good setting for people that constantly hit the "New Posts" link. If it's set to high the "New Posts" will sit there far to long and it uses a fair amount for resources to keep unused connections open.

I'll up it to 30min.
LOL...no I am sure that 10 mins is plenty. But knowing that I think that is why but it is just me, I probably ponder too long. It isn't only when posting though because I will be reading a post then I'll go to respond and write it up then press post and then I'll have to log in again.

Obviously sys res's are a concern considering this server is probably sitting in your house someplace and am glad to have it as I will now be quiet about it now. It is a minor annoyance when I consider it in that light...such is life I am glad to have a 100% Canadian arena to post in at all.

I am using Firefox. Yes it is updating to the most current release.

I type pretty quickly but i have pondering problem I think. I'll start saying something then I'll think of something else and off my brain goes with the fingies to follow.

SKY and Gav I don't mean to waste either of your time on something so trivial.

I am sure that you SKY are busy churning out kick ass reviews and directing your disciples and Gav is busy lording over his dominion or what have you as an admin...

Thanks a lot for any and all replies.

EDIT - Yeah I am missing punctuation in spots and some minor grammar, forgive me I am tired. I work nights and haven't slept yet. That's no excuse ya bastard! Yeah I know it bugs me too but c'est la vie.
Old December 1, 2007, 02:59 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

I got logged out this morning as well so i'll be changing it to 30min.

I messed up converting seconds to minutes.