Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Can't sell stuff before I have 25 posts? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/35012-cant-sell-stuff-before-i-have-25-posts.html)

astro_man August 9, 2010 11:55 AM

Can't sell stuff before I have 25 posts?

How is that supposed to be good in any way? I get the message that I have only 1 post, and that I have to post 24 other times in order to start a new thread...

This is utterly stupid, as I have been bying and selling online for a while now and have feedback from numerous forums. Let the BST fellows decide by themselves if a seller is worthy... How do you want to populate your BST section if you don't admit newcomers?

sswilson August 9, 2010 11:57 AM

It was actually the BST members themselves who requested the post requirement, not something staff decided to implement on their own.

enaberif August 9, 2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astro_man (Post 413356)
How is that supposed to be good in any way? I get the message that I have only 1 post, and that I have to post 24 other times in order to start a new thread...

This is utterly stupid, as I have been bying and selling online for a while now and have feedback from numerous forums. Let the BST fellows decide by themselves if a seller is worthy... How do you want to populate your BST section if you don't admit newcomers?

Because we don't like people who just come here to sell stuff for inflated pricing.

Become part of the community and then sell stuff. 25 posts is nothing if your active.

:dots:

NaX August 9, 2010 12:10 PM

I, being relatively new here but a long time user at the NCIX forums, was a bit grieved about the rating requirement for selling, but I can see their point.
I don't like to make irrelevant posts either so to make the requirements took a bit of time.

Funny thing was that I sold a couple items before my rating hit due to members listing WTB (Wanting To Buy) and since obtaining my rating, my FS (For Sale) post drew only 2 light questions but no takers so don't get your hopes up too high about listing FS items here.

... off to Kijiji and Ebay my items go, that is unless someone specifically requests an item in a WTB post.

Arinoth August 9, 2010 12:14 PM

This was put in place as a request by the active community here as our BST section are for people trying to just sell stuff. The BST section here is a privilege part of being a contributing member of HwC. We don't care if you have one thousand successful feedbacks, if you are just gong to hock your crap and then leave well we didn't want you here to begin with. If however you have just found us, looking to be a part of the community, then the BST section's 25 post requirement shouldnt be an issue as well. Be advise though we also come down hard on people that we see just want to use our BST section and have no qualms banning those whom are just using our BST

astro_man August 9, 2010 12:17 PM

I too am an active member on the Ncix forums, as well as Redflagdeals... This is just frustrating.

Inflated pricing? I think it does the complete opposite actually. If you have more members, you have to sell for less, because there is a higher offer than demand.

Anyway, I think it doesn't make sense. I am randomly posting (though trying to make a serious contribution through each post) in order to get my 25. I don't care for the forums, I just want to buy and sell stuff.

Not a reseller, just my personal stuff that I also have listed on RFD.

P.S. I don't think that posting from time to time when you want to sell stuff is aggravating to anyone if you have decent prices, and that you are a polite and reliable poster... How does that make anyone unhappy? Happy buyers because they get stuff at good price, happy sellers because they get money for stuff that is collecting dust. My 2 cents

NaX August 9, 2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astro_man (Post 413375)
My 2 cents

and one less post to make towards the golden 25 posts :P

hang in there man - it won't be long

headsh0t August 9, 2010 12:31 PM

This is a discussion forum, not a trading forum. You don't like it fine, but don't come here and complain about it. The BST is a privilege for the forum members., not for random outsiders to sell their hardware. TBH, you'll get more exposure and higher chance of selling on RFD since that place is pretty much made for selling/buying stuff. There is also ebay, kijiji, etc. all of which will give your items more exposure to sell so you shouldnt have a shortage of places to sell.

Kilauea August 9, 2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astro_man (Post 413375)
Inflated pricing? I think it does the complete opposite actually. If you have more members, you have to sell for less, because there is a higher offer than demand.

Although that makes a lot of sense, there is another thing to consider. That is that the community is made of contributing members who would feel bad about ripping each other off and actually stuff here ends up being same price or cheaper because of that reason and also because unlike kijiji people here have an idea of what stuff is worth.

And I must that so far, the BST is going pretty dandy, not too many complaints and as Arinoth said, it was asked by members because there was a problem.

astro_man August 9, 2010 12:37 PM

Posting at most of those places as well... I find you actually get better prices, as a seller, on Kijiji than regular PC forums (RFD for E.g.), but you also get really gutsy (and annoying) lowballers who offer ridiculously low amounts of money.

I have made peace with the concept guys... I'll be posting to get my 25.

Anway, just a quick comment: you guys do have a great site here, and I enjoy the methodologies used for reviews and the seriousness of the whole package. I regularly come here, but was not aware of the existence of a forum