Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   I need my HWC fix on the road, Hoping for Tapatalk! (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/33017-i-need-my-hwc-fix-road-hoping-tapatalk.html)

Andy June 9, 2010 08:56 AM

I need my HWC fix on the road, Hoping for Tapatalk!

So, browsing forums on my iphone with either Safari, or Opera is a royal pain in the ass. I hate having to zoom in and out a million times just to read a post. A couple of other forums I post on have Tapatalk activated, and it makes browsing the forum and replying to posts so much easier from a mobile device.

As I understand it, if the forum code is supported it is free to set up. The only cost is to the user, for the app. For the iPhone there is a free version but you cannot post replies, or start new threads without upgrading. Since a couple other forums I post on use it, it was totally worth the $3. Oh, and there are versions for the iPhone, BB's, and Android devices, so no one is left out (well unless you are one of the unfortunates using WinMo :haha:)

Any chance we can have this option here? :biggrin:

odis172 June 9, 2010 10:10 AM

I find the site displays well on my iphone, adjusting to vertical or horizontal orientation(which i prefer) with ease. I like how the banner adjusts its width according to screen size, and still looks great. That app looks neat, if its implemented here and the pages are easier to read, I would pick it up.

lowfat June 9, 2010 11:35 AM

I've never heard of tapatalk before but that seems like a pretty baller idea.

bojangles June 9, 2010 12:17 PM

Yeah I like this idea too! That would make browsing so much easier! I remember using my iPod Touch and hated having to zoom in all the time to get to push the small reply button.

SugarJ June 9, 2010 12:22 PM

I'll forward your request to the webby guys, no promises though.

Spikemaul June 9, 2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bojangles (Post 389018)
Yeah I like this idea too! That would make browsing so much easier! I remember using my iPod Touch and hated having to zoom in all the time to get to push the small reply button.

I just had to do this to hit the quote button.

Zero82z June 9, 2010 02:22 PM

Browsing the forum on my phone is a pain in the ass to say the least. It's doable, but it's a hassle to have to zoom in, zoom out, and scroll in two different directions just to navigate. I've never used Tapatalk, but if HWC adds support and it really does make forum browsing easier, then I would definitely use it.

Arinoth June 9, 2010 02:58 PM

Sweet its in free beta for the BB. Going to test this thing out and see what happens.

chrisk June 9, 2010 03:17 PM

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a mobile device now. The site needs something to make it more mobile-friendly, especially as other forums adopt measures.

Andy June 9, 2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskwarren (Post 389117)
Every Tom, Dick, and Harry has a mobile device now. The site needs something to make it more mobile-friendly, especially as other forums adopt measures.

Especially since this is a tech forum, we should be up to date, and cater to a wide array of devices. :bananafunky: