Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2010, 02:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Review Roundup

I like the many links to external reviews and articles in the review roundup sidebar, but I don't like the way the links work right now. Currently, clicking on a link in a given subsection (mobo, graphics, storage, etc) links to a small portal with all the external links for the day on that subsection.

I find myself frequently opening new tabs of the external reviews I want to look at, only to find i have 4-5 tabs of the same portal page open, from which i need to click on the link again to get to the external site.

I think a direct link to the external site from the sidebar would make the main page a little easier to use.
HWC is a great site, keep up the good work.
Old May 26, 2010, 04:39 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Noted :)

I understand the frustration, but part of the reason it is set up like that is so readers will be able to get more details on the review they are clicking before actually going there. Some people may not like reviews from certain websites, or want a quick synopsis of the article; the expanded view when you click the link gives you all that. We can't put this on the sidebar because it would be far to long.

If possible, maybe we can highlight the review you clicked on the first time as I can see how it would be frustrating to have to search on a list twice.
Old May 27, 2010, 05:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Makes sense, and I can't think of another way to do it efficiently. Guess i'll just modify my habits.