Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2010, 04:39 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Members

If what i saw is correct there are only 4770 members.... we need more memebers, there has to be more canucks out there. how do we recruit more people?? Im only concerned because more people = more information, more information = good.
Old April 15, 2010, 04:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i have tried to get anyone and everyone to this site problem is most are just snoopers checking it out for the info there are a couple who should contribute but are a little scared because there a huge wealth of knowledge here.
Old April 15, 2010, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I havent even noticed the low member count, there is always a wealth of information when you need it, the BST section is fairly well populated, and for the most part all the members act like gentlemen/women. To me the forum feels just right.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old April 15, 2010, 05:01 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quick question, I'm actually curious. When you go and visit other forums or websites, maybe through a google search or you know the website and visit them for reviews, news etc... Why don't you register for their forums?

What is it that stops you? Is the process of signing up to annoying, takes to much time, you don't know they have a forum?
Old April 15, 2010, 05:07 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I admit the reviews on the site are great, but if after countless searches in the forums you cannot find the information and the only option is post a thread asking for opinions and help, it seems a real slow process... I've gone out side this site numerous time to ask for information. so i guess what id liek to see is more active members in the forums (its already Good but could be better) there is always room for improvment

^ Im an active member in several forums. I sign up to what ever one has information i regard as useful.
Old April 15, 2010, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Quick question, I'm actually curious. When you go and visit other forums or websites, maybe through a google search or you know the website and visit them for reviews, news etc... Why don't you register for their forums?

What is it that stops you? Is the process of signing up to annoying, takes to much time, you don't know they have a forum?
Signing up is really annoying to me (seriously, I avoid it like the plague), some have very strict new member rules ([H]!!! It's almost impossible for a new member), and some it is hard to be taken seriously when you're a "newbie".
Old April 15, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post

I usually don't sign up if I see a bunch of flame wars, fanboy posts, etc. As an example if I had come along here right around the beginning of the 470/480 posts then I would have looked somewhere else. Other times it is just a first impression sort of thing.

As for here I guess it was a Canuck sort of thing, I liked computers, etc. and I am a Canuck. Oh side note, Go Canucks Go!!

Old April 15, 2010, 06:13 PM

My System Specs

More members != better.

Personally I like the fact that HWC has a rather small amount of active posters.
Old April 15, 2010, 06:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I usually don't sign up if I see a bunch of flame wars, fanboy posts, etc. As an example if I had come along here right around the beginning of the 470/480 posts then I would have looked somewhere else. Other times it is just a first impression sort of thing.

As for here I guess it was a Canuck sort of thing, I liked computers, etc. and I am a Canuck. Oh side note, Go Canucks Go!!
ATI/NVIDIA wars happen pretty much at most forums when a new GPU arrives>
Old April 15, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Having "only" 4770 members, this is a very active forum.

And never let GPU fanboys (ATI RUL3Z) spoil your desire to post anywhere. They (we and I) are the worst kind of fanboys on the planet.