Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Members (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/31056-members.html)

CoolHandL April 15, 2010 05:39 PM

Members

If what i saw is correct there are only 4770 members.... we need more memebers, there has to be more canucks out there. how do we recruit more people?? Im only concerned because more people = more information, more information = good.

gingerbee April 15, 2010 05:44 PM

i have tried to get anyone and everyone to this site problem is most are just snoopers checking it out for the info there are a couple who should contribute but are a little scared because there a huge wealth of knowledge here.

Realityshift April 15, 2010 05:58 PM

I havent even noticed the low member count, there is always a wealth of information when you need it, the BST section is fairly well populated, and for the most part all the members act like gentlemen/women. To me the forum feels just right.

FiXT April 15, 2010 06:01 PM

Quick question, I'm actually curious. When you go and visit other forums or websites, maybe through a google search or you know the website and visit them for reviews, news etc... Why don't you register for their forums?

What is it that stops you? Is the process of signing up to annoying, takes to much time, you don't know they have a forum?

CoolHandL April 15, 2010 06:07 PM

Well, I admit the reviews on the site are great, but if after countless searches in the forums you cannot find the information and the only option is post a thread asking for opinions and help, it seems a real slow process... I've gone out side this site numerous time to ask for information. so i guess what id liek to see is more active members in the forums (its already Good but could be better) there is always room for improvment

^ Im an active member in several forums. I sign up to what ever one has information i regard as useful.

Sushi Warrior April 15, 2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiXT (Post 364210)
Quick question, I'm actually curious. When you go and visit other forums or websites, maybe through a google search or you know the website and visit them for reviews, news etc... Why don't you register for their forums?

What is it that stops you? Is the process of signing up to annoying, takes to much time, you don't know they have a forum?

Signing up is really annoying to me (seriously, I avoid it like the plague), some have very strict new member rules ([H]!!! It's almost impossible for a new member), and some it is hard to be taken seriously when you're a "newbie".

ipaine April 15, 2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiXT (Post 364210)

I usually don't sign up if I see a bunch of flame wars, fanboy posts, etc. As an example if I had come along here right around the beginning of the 470/480 posts then I would have looked somewhere else. Other times it is just a first impression sort of thing.

As for here I guess it was a Canuck sort of thing, I liked computers, etc. and I am a Canuck. :biggrin: Oh side note, Go Canucks Go!!

lowfat April 15, 2010 07:13 PM

More members != better.

Personally I like the fact that HWC has a rather small amount of active posters.

crazyhorsejohnny April 15, 2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ipaine (Post 364222)
I usually don't sign up if I see a bunch of flame wars, fanboy posts, etc. As an example if I had come along here right around the beginning of the 470/480 posts then I would have looked somewhere else. Other times it is just a first impression sort of thing.

As for here I guess it was a Canuck sort of thing, I liked computers, etc. and I am a Canuck. :biggrin: Oh side note, Go Canucks Go!!

ATI/NVIDIA wars happen pretty much at most forums when a new GPU arrives>

b1lk1 April 15, 2010 07:34 PM

Having "only" 4770 members, this is a very active forum.

And never let GPU fanboys (ATI RUL3Z) spoil your desire to post anywhere. They (we and I) are the worst kind of fanboys on the planet.