Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 15, 2010, 04:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Folding performance in reviews

I just started getting into folding and i also plan on building a new computer in the summer. Then all of a sudden a flasjhlight lit up. I thought that it would be a perfect addition to the hardwarecanucks reviews. I have no idea how hard it would be to do but it would be epic.
Old April 15, 2010, 04:21 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambel626 View Post
I just started getting into folding and i also plan on building a new computer in the summer. Then all of a sudden a flasjhlight lit up. I thought that it would be a perfect addition to the hardwarecanucks reviews. I have no idea how hard it would be to do but it would be epic.
I agree! F@H performance is occasionally included, as in this review:
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240 Roundup (EVGA, Gigabyte, MSI, Sparkle)

It was not included in the latest GTX 470/480 review because they were not folding real Work Units, but some kind of folding benchmark that did not tell us a whole lot about real world performance.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 15, 2010, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

They're hard to do because each WU is different so the performance will not be consistent. If you're spending hours benchmarking say 10 GPUs, you'll go through at least 2 WU just because ATI and NVIDIA have different WU.