Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2010, 05:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
I avoid the the new systems build area just because I can't stand it most of the time hahaha... I'll help any member if I happen across a post thats coherent and so forth but I'll be damned if I waste my time helping someone who can't even take the time to type words properly. If course this dosnt' apply if there's an obvious language barrier. But anyways; I'm all for thumbs up no thumbs down!

QFT.

Have you seen the new builds lately? First post wonders gives us a budget and a vague part list that doesn't even include model/ parts number. Someone suggest a build and they don't like it
Old April 13, 2010, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
QFT.

Have you seen the new builds lately? First post wonders gives us a budget and a vague part list that doesn't even include model/ parts number. Someone suggest a build and they don't like it
Haha I know, it's so bad now I don't even bother going into the new builds forum!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old April 16, 2010, 07:19 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

thank system could be cool, but rep system really needs a 'pure' community. Since this is an open forum for anyone to register, who knows what can happen a year down the road... look what forums.ncix turned into lol. and I'm not mature at all (15 years old), but at least I have a sense of logic and know what I'm doing (in terms of end-consumer pc hardware)
Old April 16, 2010, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I voted no. Why do we need a rep system? So we can see a little number beside our username? Who cares. If you spend a little bit of time here, you'll know who is reputable and who isn't.
Old April 16, 2010, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
I voted no. Why do we need a rep system? So we can see a little number beside our username? Who cares. If you spend a little bit of time here, you'll know who is reputable and who isn't.
Thats not the primary point. Doesn't have to be a rep system, it could be anything else.

We need moar info sharing. And to encourage that motive.
Old April 18, 2010, 08:50 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I've voted no. If you look at all at the forms you know where the knowledge is. AKG and Gingerbee are ssd's, sky graphics cards, and there are others. I think intrinsically knowing who to ask is much better than a score next to a name. In addition popularity contests are bound to happen, then you risk factions forming or people getting high scores who don't deserve them.

Those with good advice are usually easy to pick out from those who BS.
Old April 18, 2010, 09:24 AM
MVP

No to rep system. Fourm is about info, opinions and help, not ego's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
maybe we should not need a reward system for people to want to help others. well i know i don't if i can help at all i try to.
Well said. Maybe a Thank You could be enough reward for helping others.

I would like to say Thank You to all members for taking the time to post. Making this a great community.
Old April 18, 2010, 09:32 AM
Banned

Sky is GPU AND PSU expert.

Well said Toyoracer.
Old April 18, 2010, 10:00 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I saw adults reduced to complete children when a rep system was introduced on an automotive site I belong to. The system was promptly removed, but the 'e-damage' was done, with some pretty bruised egos.
Old April 18, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have to agree the idea of a positive and negative rep system does not appeal to me.

Now as others have said I do think that possible a positive only system good work, but I'm not about to leave HWC if they don't bring it in.