Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12, 2010, 11:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burebista View Post
I dunno about here but I have a couple of forums in my country with rep system. It's a mess. Trade offs for rep, plus/minus rep thrown random, endless discussions (why my? why minus? why plus? why nothing?). Leave it alone, good members are always recognized even without a green bar/whatever in profile.
I agree, the rep system is open to abuse. I like the way the forum is right now.
Old April 13, 2010, 04:26 AM
Banned

I would say most definitely NO!

I have seen members on forums get completely shut out because of others thinking that their rep is too low for THEIR likings. They would need legitimate help on not even get ONE response.

The rep system is flawed and should not be implemented.
Old April 13, 2010, 08:28 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

How about a thanks system? No negatives, only positive, like TPU has.
Fold for team #54196
Old April 13, 2010, 10:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

I agree that a rep system is flawed and some people will abuse it. To be rated down simply because someone doesn't agree with you???

I like the idea of some kind of system, like a thumbs up for every time you help someone, just no thumbs down.
Old April 13, 2010, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

maybe we should not need a reward system for people to want to help others. well i know i don't if i can help at all i try to.
Old April 13, 2010, 12:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Rep system = fail. Just a popularity contest from what I have seen. I never give it and I hate people that ask for rep. Most of the time people award rep for things like "Best Free Games List Ever!" or because the OP hates on Apple etc... as opposed to rewarding someone for a helpful post.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 13, 2010, 12:53 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Just to quell things, comments have been heard. Like I said, we won't be implementing a rep system at this time or in the foreseeable future, but we will be resurrecting/making use of the level system eventually which will grant contributers access to some fun stuff.
Old April 13, 2010, 01:01 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Just to quell things, comments have been heard. Like I said, we won't be implementing a rep system at this time or in the foreseeable future, but we will be resurrecting/making use of the level system eventually which will grant contributers access to some fun stuff.
WooooHoooo! Can we get any hints FiXT? I'll be annoying without hints... and I'll start making hypothetical idea threads to guess, lol.
Old April 13, 2010, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well I originally think a rep system like the ones at OCN would encourage people to post and start knowledge threads and share information with there findings and such. But with the the results we all can see that HCF folks think and post a lot more negative than positive.

As we all know the most view section is the BST section then its the OT. Every where else lacks forum involvement and information sharing. Trying to find some decent info or a product discussion is almost impossible to be found at HCF maybe except for the ones been reviewed by the staffs. Two years ago it was the same and now its still the same.

And if HCF is as MATURE as MOST of you stated then you know a rep system would help since we're all MATURE people and not having worry about an abuse, right?

I just find it amusing at other sites with people having there first few post with a really helpful thread just to get some recognition, HCF on the other hand, its mostly trolls.

Well its just me again ranting away.
Old April 13, 2010, 01:52 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
WooooHoooo! Can we get any hints FiXT? I'll be annoying without hints... and I'll start making hypothetical idea threads to guess, lol.
I heard that if you get over level 20 they give you a free GTX 480.
Fold for team #54196