Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2010, 04:23 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Id gladly take said task if many were willing to sell for cheap or lend a lot of hardware for testing (im not made out of money like i want to be, and my wife under no circumstance would let me take a big dip out of our savings for this project lol).

But I would be able to get the time to do it though.
Old April 8, 2010, 01:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

As someone who's done it for my personal benefit, I'll add my own two cents here and vouch that properly testing water-cooling components takes an obscene amount of time, to say nothing of the fact that you need to use equipment considerably more accurate than anything your computer comes equipped with. The setup you offered there, Diaz, is frankly inadequate for the task. If you haven't take a look at some of the testing done by people like Skinnee, Martin, and Vapor - they isolate each component, and use controls to more precisely regulate things like ambient temperatures and thermal loading - that's the sort of testing required. Anything less, and the statistical and environmental variance completely drowns out any meaningful differences between the components, rendering any conclusions largely moot.

It's a nice idea, but considering what it would entail, and what would likely be sacrificed (reviews of other components), I can't see it happening here.