Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9, 2010, 01:50 PM
Allstar

Cool Idea for the site

I try to visit this place when I can but I'm always 'FORCED' to head over to the RRC (REDFLAG RUDE CUBE) since they have a more diverse FOR SALE area.

May I suggest a more enhanced SELL area as well as DEAL area?

Just a thought. ( I'll even help with modding one for you at no charge...well maybe a coffee mug)

Cheers.

CHEERS
Old March 9, 2010, 01:52 PM
F@H

My System Specs

And What features exactally do you feel are lacking on this site?

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 9, 2010, 01:55 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

We have a deal area but maybe you're talking about something different. Can you expand a bit on what you mean?
Old March 9, 2010, 02:05 PM
Allstar

Just a few different categories to avoid confusion:
  • Computer Hardware Software
  • Video Games, Music, Movies
  • Electronics
  • Everything Else
  • HOT Deals/Coupons
  • Financing

CHEERS
Old March 9, 2010, 02:07 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I may get booed, but this forum is primarily for discussion, while RFD is all about buying and selling parts. It's nice that Gav gave the members a place for trading stuff, but there's a reason there's a 25 post minimum to post a new thread. It was felt that you had to contribute to the board to be able to use the buy/sell area. Same thing happens at XS, but they have a 100 post minimum to even see the BST threads IIRC. I imagine modding the BST threads is one of the biggest headaches for the mods.

I'd hate to see the BST forum expanded at the expense of the focus of HWC. My 2 cents.
Old March 9, 2010, 02:12 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I may get booed, but this forum is primarily for discussion, while RFD is all about buying and selling parts. It's nice that Gav gave the members a place for trading stuff, but there's a reason there's a 25 post minimum to post a new thread. It was felt that you had to contribute to the board to be able to use the buy/sell area. Same thing happens at XS, but they have a 100 post minimum to even see the BST threads IIRC. I imagine modding the BST threads is one of the biggest headaches for the mods.

I'd hate to see the BST forum expanded at the expense of the focus of HWC. My 2 cents.
I agree with the post count limitation and even suggested a higher level of post count access.

Anyway, just a thought...RED are very rude. I've never experienced such childish behavior on a website before ( well there was AMDZONE ). Xtreme is an excellent site and well moderated but HC is a good Canadian alternative.

Cheers

CHEERS
Old March 9, 2010, 06:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post

Sorry but I will have to disagree with you. The BST forum is only a sub topic of the Hardware Canucks Community. Nobody forces anyone to go a look. But I am sure everyone here has looked inside to see if they can get a good deal.

As a newbie here and since I have been out of the computer hardware loop for years. Things have changed in many ways. Until I came to this site, I was still running on a P4 2.4ghz. Because of all the great people here I have learned alot and was able to build my own rig.

Remember RFD is a site based on haggling and looking for deals. I find that HC is a community of friendly and helpful advice and as a bonus, people can sell their stuff and buy other peoples stuff.

Like the saying goes, "Don't fix what aint broke"

MY 2 cents
Old March 9, 2010, 06:10 PM
Banned
F@H

enough of the sale section. some member just post there and never contribute to anything else
Old March 9, 2010, 06:13 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Heh - Unfortunately the BST section is one of the busiest sections of the entire forum.

I don't know to much but there has been some chatter about expanding/offering more when it comes to the deals area.

Obviously RFD is the ultimate place for everything, but we do want to create a more focused area to find good deals. Why not right, many people are likely already here to try and make a purchasing decision - the primary drive behind reviews - so logically we should be offering people a way to actually get the products they are reading about instead forcing you to bounce around to a half dozen different locations to try and scour the best deals or get feedback.

The focus of HWC won't ever change, but we definitely want to add features to it to make it a complete solution rather than somewhere you just visit to just read a review.

Appreciate the suggestions Mark
Old March 9, 2010, 07:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
Sorry but I will have to disagree with you. The BST forum is only a sub topic of the Hardware Canucks Community. Nobody forces anyone to go a look. But I am sure everyone here has looked inside to see if they can get a good deal.

As a newbie here and since I have been out of the computer hardware loop for years. Things have changed in many ways. Until I came to this site, I was still running on a P4 2.4ghz. Because of all the great people here I have learned alot and was able to build my own rig.

Remember RFD is a site based on haggling and looking for deals. I find that HC is a community of friendly and helpful advice and as a bonus, people can sell their stuff and buy other peoples stuff.

Like the saying goes, "Don't fix what aint broke"

MY 2 cents
You just reinforced what I was trying to say. People come here for the info and discussion, not just for the BST. I wouldn't want it to become the focus of the board.