Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2010, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Temp Banning

Not sure if this already happens....

Banning someone temporarily like 3 days, 7 days......but not from the site completely but from a certain section like the new builds section because its getting to a point where that new threads in that section end up in arguments which is no good for the OP.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm pretty sure the moderators are taking appropriate actions at all times.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:35 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I'm not questioning how the mods do their job. Just that it might be a good idea to tell some folks "take 3 days off this section since you're causing trouble and not really helping the OP".
Old February 9, 2010, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

sorry I thought we were have a discussion about norton know your talking about temp banning people because of it did i miss something?
Old February 9, 2010, 06:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
sorry I thought we were have a discussion about norton know your talking about temp banning people because of it did i miss something?
No no not you !!!!

Our discussion was fine. We gave our opinions and that was it. Plus we stayed on topic - Norton.

In the New Buids section it's been a place lately where back and forth arguing happens daily and that doesn't help the OP especially when the OP is a new member.
Old February 9, 2010, 06:46 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Yes they are taking time, a lot of it, too much off it, and it bring results too ...have a look to the last tread of the accused here.

New here, looking for insight.

Old February 9, 2010, 06:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorsejohnny View Post
No no not you !!!!

Our discussion was fine. We gave our opinions and that was it. Plus we stayed on topic - Norton.

In the New Buids section it's been a place lately where back and forth arguing happens daily and that doesn't help the OP especially when the OP is a new member.
oh i am sorry( just me be me again sorry).i really try to stay away form new builds section i have to many to worry about my self. but i can see your point guy wants to know what to buy and everyone is is making a big deal outta the video card or what every.
Old February 9, 2010, 07:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The problem in the new build section is that some new member ask for advice but all the time we give them some they come back and tell us no my first choice was the best I don't want to change anything...Then we start to argue. Mark have a pretty good exemple up here.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old February 9, 2010, 07:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do wish people would bicker less -especially on threads where we're supposed to be helping a new member.

But when people deserve to be banned (temporarily or otherwise) we do it by consensus among the mods unless there is an obvious breach of rules (spammers etc.)- we don't do requests.

Last edited by Babrbarossa; February 9, 2010 at 07:49 AM.
Closed Thread