Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Canadian Overclock Database (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/2842-canadian-overclock-database.html)

BALISTX October 10, 2007 09:48 AM

Canadian Overclock Database

I think we should have our own overclock database. One section for AMD and one for Intel.

The rules should be as follows:
  1. Must be Prime95 or Orthos stable for 8 hours
  2. Must have a valid CPUZ and GPUZ (if OCing video card) number
  3. Must have a screen shot of showing Prime95 or Orthos showing 8 hours stable
  4. Must have screen shot of CPUZ and GPUZ (if OCing video card)
  5. Must have description of system and cooling
  6. Optional the BIOS settings you used.

Patriote October 10, 2007 11:14 AM

Good idea but i think you should allow ppls to post none stable overclocks... When benching for a 5Ghz, i really doubt you will run Prime95 for 8hours... lol

Just ask for ppls to precise if it's stable or not. Then hook a "Stable" or Not Stable" next to their running speed.

EDIT: I think we should actually have 2-3 separate thread. One for CPU and the other for GPU? Maybe one more for 3Dmarks etc... I'm good to start and manage either of those :)

SKYMTL October 10, 2007 11:19 AM

Personally, I don't like running my computer under load for more than 3 hours due to electricity costs....

But when in Rome...

BALISTX October 10, 2007 12:12 PM

Even a 2-3 hours prime95 or Orthos stable.
We could also do an unstable section as well.

Patriote October 10, 2007 12:32 PM

Bah, if we make the rule as to post a minimum of 3-4 hours of orthos stable, ppls (Like me) will whine that 3 hours of Priming isn't to be considered stable...

3.0charlie October 10, 2007 12:41 PM

I believe what we call stable is a personal belief. Personally, I find that a rig is stable once it has passed memtest for 4 hours, then Orthos (blend) for 4 hours (or now Prime for Quads) and then Dual SuperPi 32Mb.

I never had instability issues with any of those tested rigs.

edit: don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and I would participate for sure!

BALISTX October 10, 2007 12:46 PM

We should come to a general consensus for the rules, or have one of the MODS or even Gav set the rules.

enaberif October 10, 2007 01:39 PM

All I use now for stability is Prime95 v25.3 as it will stress all the cores in one program. I will generally choose a Custom test with as much memory as the system has or close to test the cpu and memory.

If I feel like stressing the cpu then again its with Prime95 v25.3 and run the SmallFFT test and if it passes 2 hours I say its good to go.

Eldonko October 10, 2007 02:43 PM

I would rather see a canadian benching database myself, PI times, 3d, bandwidth, max RAM clocks, etc, but I guess hwbot runs that already..

I would contribute either way though, although I hate running stability tests for that long. Why not 30 min-1 hour OCCT, stress CPU and RAM? It detects errors faster than prime or orthos usually. Tests other that that could be bonus, as long as there is a minimum requirement set.

BALISTX October 10, 2007 03:12 PM

Lets see if we can get a consensus of what would work for everyone.