Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   Mobile Site (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/27811-mobile-site.html)

geokilla January 15, 2010 09:31 AM

Mobile Site

Is there a mobile version of Hardware Canucks? If there isn't, I suggest that one be implemented. It's better to use a mobile site when viewing on a phone or iTouch/iPhone.

enaberif January 15, 2010 09:49 AM

Its been talked about and has gotten to the point of beating a dead horse.

They say it's may come, its in the works or what have you.. but that has been for quite some time.

I would like to see it.. but I no longer hold my breath.

rk January 15, 2010 02:10 PM

The problem with a mobile site is, it will lack a lot of the current features of the website. Our website has been customized a lot that getting all the features to work on mobile browsers will not be an easy task to do.

By the way, if we ever fully support mobile layouts, which part of the website do you use the most?
- The front page (news, review listing, etc)
- The reviews
- The forum?

FiXT January 15, 2010 02:26 PM

enaberif,
We are always open for help - feel free to submit your mockup and coding description along with included features and adaptations for different mobile borwers for the mobile website to myself and we will work on implementing it as quickly as possible.

geokilla January 15, 2010 02:33 PM

Probably the front page and the forums will be used the most. The layout for the mobile version of RFD is quite nice. Maybe you can do something like that?

encorp January 15, 2010 03:42 PM

What kind of sad human being gets angry when a website dosn't release or have a feature? I think somebody needs to get their priorities straight and maybe put more weight behind the things in life that really matter.

enaberif January 15, 2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rk (Post 318316)
The problem with a mobile site is, it will lack a lot of the current features of the website. Our website has been customized a lot that getting all the features to work on mobile browsers will not be an easy task to do.

By the way, if we ever fully support mobile layouts, which part of the website do you use the most?
- The front page (news, review listing, etc)
- The reviews
- The forum?

The point of mobile tho is for those who want to quickly use the site without ANY of those features because they down the phone and cause crazy data usage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by encorp (Post 318360)
What kind of sad human being gets angry when a website dosn't release or have a feature? I think somebody needs to get their priorities straight and maybe put more weight behind the things in life that really matter.

Nobody is getting angry.. but if they did have one.. a lot of people would use it.

Snafu January 15, 2010 05:17 PM

I got my rubber boots on to wade in :D

I would think that if apple or other mobile browsers thought this was the next best thing they would have an app that allow easier mobile browsing. It would be a simpler approach for one or two companies to make this sort of app rather than having 1000's (millions?) of sites create a mobile versions.

reaverclan January 15, 2010 10:11 PM

on my droid it looks fine but that is i think the highest screen size right now.

Photograph January 31, 2010 11:01 PM

Looks and works fine to me on my iPod Touch.