Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   I'm starting to understand why the FOR SALE area is limited to posting members. (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/23948-im-starting-understand-why-sale-area-limited-posting-members.html)

Mark October 3, 2009 06:24 PM

I'm starting to understand why the FOR SALE area is limited to posting members.

I've spent the better part of corresponding pm from members with ZERO posts that have completely wasted my time and I would like to postulate a suggestion is limiting access to members that do not have a certain amount of posts.

What do you think?
What would be a fair post count?

Perineum October 3, 2009 06:26 PM

I think to sell should be pretty high, but I still think none to buy.... after all, the buyer gets the money first, as long as you don't include paypal in that statement.

martin_metal_88 October 3, 2009 06:29 PM

Well, maybe we should add a rule that the seller have the right to accept or not to sell to a person. If you don't trust a 3 post guy then just decline and sell to a better poster? No?
(it should be a rule to prevent for baby crying and thing like that )

Ask for more.

Mark October 3, 2009 06:41 PM

xtremesystems has had this rule for years and I think it was initialized to prevent scammers and multi-account creations that will dubiously setup interest on a a sell item.

Infiniti October 3, 2009 06:43 PM

Don't we already have one for people with less than 25 posts?

PLg October 3, 2009 06:44 PM

I understand how you feel but I am worried about that post count., honestly to make it wroth doing, it should be over 75 post, even higher. But that would exclude me.... which.. well... would sucks. I think from the feedback I have that even with a low post count, I am some one serious.
Plus, you should keep in mind that some members join this forum to benefit from some of the nice deals we have here.

I believe that we should talk about it, but be very careful with the measures we could implement

edit
Quote:

Originally Posted by Infiniti (Post 265368)
Don't we already have one for people with less than 25 posts?

I would be surprise. I can browse the topic as a guest

jcmaz October 3, 2009 06:47 PM

its not even hard to post 75 times...

Infiniti October 3, 2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmaz (Post 265372)
its not even hard to post 75 times...

It is if you're trying to post an item, join the site, and have nothing to contribute but spam, which obviously will get deleted.

encorp October 3, 2009 06:54 PM

oh god not this topic again.

inb4 mods

FiXT October 3, 2009 06:54 PM

The rules you speak of have already been implemented. Please read the stickies at the top of the BST section.

Sellers must obtain 25 posts in order to sell, buyers have no limit. Given that during a transaction, the large majority of risk is placed on the buyer as most of the time payment is required first.

Given the activity on our forums compared your your example of XS, 25 posts is adequate to establish a "reputation". We also take it one step further and require the seller to actually prove he has the item in his possession.

I think that the current steps that HWC has taken to alleviate bad deals is more than most, especially for a "free" section, but as always it is "buyer/seller" beware when doing transactions online.

Regarding the issues, Mark, you are having with 1 posts wonders and such, if you do suspect someone of opening multiple accounts to establish interest at a lowball price, or spam etc. feel free to PM the mods directly with your concerns and they should be able to clear up any issues.