Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 23, 2009, 09:59 AM
Allstar
F@H

I dont see the big issue with the ads. This is the greatest hardware community on the internet. We have great members, great staff, great content, and people start complaining about a few ads that are one line of text and a tiny picture?
Mobo: ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe
Memory: 4gb OCZ Platinum 1000mhz ddr2
Graphics: 2x Sapphire 4830s in Crossfire
Keyboard: Logitech G11
Mouse: Logitech G9
HD:WD 640gb Caviar Black + 750gb Seagate
#hardwarecanucks on irc.enterthegame.com
Old September 28, 2009, 06:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

I mentioned this before when talking about signatures, but there is a ton of space between people's avatars and their post count/location etc. If we moved the signature there, and left the ads at the bottom (maybe on the left side, with the quote/edit buttons on the right side) we would be using less space and still having the ads, and then having them on every post wouldn't even seem as bad since the height is already allocated for the quote buttons.
Old September 28, 2009, 06:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Mobile friendly version is on the list.
I run an Android phone and I must say that HWC is already pretty mobile friendly :)
Old September 28, 2009, 10:00 AM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaRox View Post
I mentioned this before when talking about signatures, but there is a ton of space between people's avatars and their post count/location etc. If we moved the signature there, and left the ads at the bottom (maybe on the left side, with the quote/edit buttons on the right side) we would be using less space and still having the ads, and then having them on every post wouldn't even seem as bad since the height is already allocated for the quote buttons.
Good idea. We will keep that in mind.
Old September 28, 2009, 03:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaRox View Post
Signatures are meant to be at the bottom....If people had a bigger signature, then it'd look weird at the top.

Can't we just have an option to turn off Sponsored Deals?