Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2009, 02:28 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I just noticed that the system must be based on a certain number of ads per amount of posts in an individual thread. As smaller or new threads with let's say five posts, have ads on every post. This to me seems excessive, and why I don't like it in the first place. Am I correct in assuming that they spread themselves out as the thread grows?
Old September 16, 2009, 05:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In another thread I saw 2 deals under a youtube video and another 2 under the guys signature! 4 ads in 1 post! Now THAT is too much.
Old September 16, 2009, 11:55 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi Warrior View Post
In another thread I saw 2 deals under a youtube video and another 2 under the guys signature! 4 ads in 1 post! Now THAT is too much.
Yah, this is seriously out of hand ... and that doesn't include the three other ads at the bottom of the other posts, PLUS the huge add banner already at the top of the page. Come on HWC, please don't go this route. So, that is 8 ads in an 8 post thread.
Attached Images

Old September 17, 2009, 12:53 AM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

thats a bug
Old September 17, 2009, 04:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow guys, they just implemented it. We know that they've said there were some issues and they are trying to fix them. Take it easy. Just read the friggin' posts, not the ads. I don't even notice them, even on my BB.

Give them some time to make it work they way it should and the way they said it was going to be implemented (once every few posts). If you don't like them, a) get used to it and b) you're a cleaning Nazi.
Old September 17, 2009, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
Wow guys, they just implemented it. We know that they've said there were some issues and they are trying to fix them. Take it easy. Just read the friggin' posts, not the ads. I don't even notice them, even on my BB.

Give them some time to make it work they way it should and the way they said it was going to be implemented (once every few posts). If you don't like them, a) get used to it and b) you're a cleaning Nazi.
Woot, Godwin's Law prevails!
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old September 17, 2009, 09:00 AM
Allstar

Wow, what is it about the ad that makes it tough for everyone? You say that it adds too much to signatures? Remove the 'view signature' option in user CP and you've just freed up a bunch of space for ads! In fact, you've probably just improved your viewing experience by getting rid of the 'gaudy' text. They barely have a picture, and its the same one so it shouldn't affect load times. How does it make the site impossible to read with a phone? Most times only 1 post fits on the screen at once on a phone, so just scroll a little more to get past it when scrolling down the page?

Even if this wasn't a part of their sponsored deals, something they don't have to supply for you, this is an entirely free site that they don't have to supply to you. I'd support this even if it wasn't specifically intended to give us better deals in the end simply because it would keep this site going and keep it free. I know people really hate change, but really, how much changed here? I find it odd that I paid 6, maybe 7 seconds total of attention to it and it seems to be a huge stopping point for others.
Old September 17, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Woot, Godwin's Law prevails!
Nope, you typed after me!
Old September 17, 2009, 02:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Fiendo View Post
Wow, what is it about the ad that makes it tough for everyone? You say that it adds too much to signatures? Remove the 'view signature' option in user CP and you've just freed up a bunch of space for ads! In fact, you've probably just improved your viewing experience by getting rid of the 'gaudy' text. They barely have a picture, and its the same one so it shouldn't affect load times. How does it make the site impossible to read with a phone? Most times only 1 post fits on the screen at once on a phone, so just scroll a little more to get past it when scrolling down the page?

Even if this wasn't a part of their sponsored deals, something they don't have to supply for you, this is an entirely free site that they don't have to supply to you. I'd support this even if it wasn't specifically intended to give us better deals in the end simply because it would keep this site going and keep it free. I know people really hate change, but really, how much changed here? I find it odd that I paid 6, maybe 7 seconds total of attention to it and it seems to be a huge stopping point for others.

Your Just saying that cause there is NOT A SINGLE AD that can be found at TPU forums

anyways if it can't be done its fine too, got to live with that adblocker plus
Old September 17, 2009, 05:45 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I don't mind them, but you really need to implement a phone friendly site and fast.
Mobile friendly version is on the list.