Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 16, 2009, 05:03 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
All I see when I look at encorp's posts is his avatar....
amen to that chris, then i typically forget what he was writing in his post or what to reply to his
Old September 16, 2009, 06:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't even notice them. Perhaps Gav can shrink the thickness of the sponsored deal so that it doesn't take up as much room? That basically adds what, maybe what a small signature would be? Come on guys. They're sponsored deals refreshed everyday! You can't go wrong with that!

If the ads were "Enlarge your penis today!" and "Scan your PC now with ShitWare!" then I would be concerned...
Old September 16, 2009, 07:24 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
LOL. That's one of the reasons I don't spend much time on EVGA or XS. I like to think my sig is tasteful, and small. Kind of like me.

Honestly, I'd rather see the deals in a sidebar, or at the top of the page with the other ads.

go grab ad block plus and then block all the domains that aren't coming straight from EVGA and the banners, EVGA and hard forums look great when you remove the nascar effect.
QNAP TS-209II 2x1TB Raid 1 NAS
heat: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=244

Old September 16, 2009, 08:03 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

FYI, the sponsored deals should NOT be on every post. The issue is being looked into.
Old September 16, 2009, 10:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
FYI, the sponsored deals should NOT be on every post. The issue is being looked into.
I blame FiXT.

j/k

Good news SKYMTL. I think the consensus is we don't mind the odd ad, just not on every post. And I got a DNS error trying to go to www.encorpsmom.com.
Old September 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post

The adult in me wants to complain about the ads; but the kid in me wants to have fun with them:
Buy 10 minutes with Encorp's Mom now for just $6.69 www.encorpsmom.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
I blame FiXT.

j/k

Good news SKYMTL. I think the consensus is we don't mind the odd ad, just not on every post. And I got a DNS error trying to go to www.encorpsmom.com.

Hey now! My mother is a saint! hahaha, she's going to run you more than $6.69!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old September 16, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That's probably the reason she is only $6.69
Old September 16, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
I'm not trying to be pessimistic here, Charlie. How are these really 'sponsored deals'? I mean, I can get these prices not being a member of these forums, and sometimes find better prices then whats shown..
Excellent point Sagath, one can find those prices at price comparison sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
and signatures are annoying enough, sorry guys, but the place looks like NASCAR puked in here. if i want deals, i'll look for them, i don't need someone calling my house offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
As opposed to 99% of the forums that allow picture filth and all manner of image signatures which eat up more space than the text the poster types?

Strange that 9 words would be so much more of a distraction for you.

ChrisK fix your link, it only takes me back to google which i seen everyday when i open my browser
Old September 16, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The sponsored deals seem to be showing for every 2 posts. I don't mind them since I don't even read them, but it can get a bit annoying.

As for the signature, I prefer other forum's method of putting signatures, such as that of Wangan Midnight Expressway where I can post small pics or whatever. However, each have their opinion on this and I shared mine.
Old September 16, 2009, 02:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

If you have Firefox there are various ad blockers and add-ons that can deal with this; however, I don't like the idea of blocking ads on a site that I use so often as its kind of unfair (only exception was that time HWC had those Gskill flash ads that made your CPU run to 100%...had to do something to protect my laptop on that one lol).

If they are going to fix the amount of links that show up then this is good enough for me. I recall asking for a folding stats graphic in our sigs, so that would have been clutter in the threads too. In my mind, it would have been a way to promote the team. Now, I think these ads are too much clutter...perhaps I am spoiled???

But really if they end up in all the posts like they are now, folks will just block them. Or like me, they won't even see them after a bit and the ads will lose effectiveness anyways.
Fold for team #54196