Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/)
-   -   HWC Heatsink Reviews. Need Your Input (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/suggestions-feedback/20327-hwc-heatsink-reviews-need-your-input.html)

SKYMTL July 16, 2009 07:42 AM

HWC Heatsink Reviews. Need Your Input

In an effort to streamline our heatsink reviews, several ideas have been brought forward. One of those is to eliminate LGA 775 testing so we can focus on more fan comparisons with the reviews as well as add a section for actual acoustical testing.

Would you be willing to eliminate the LGA 775 testing (keeping i7 testing) in order to incorporate additional benchmarks such as the ones mentioned above?

Please vote.

CMetaphor July 16, 2009 07:52 AM

I voted yes. core i7 puts more heat than 775s (from what I've seen anyways). So a cooler that performs well on i7 will naturally perform as well for 775 in most cases. I would rather seem more fan combinations and different fans used if possible. :thumb:

SKYMTL July 16, 2009 07:55 AM

I probably won't be different fans per se. Most likely just different RPMs: 900, 1300, 2000 or something of the sort.

bojangles July 16, 2009 07:56 AM

^^ What he said. Heat is heat, and the more the heatsink tolerates more heat the better. I'd love to see acoustics and various fan tests. For example, by using the LNA and ULNA adapters from Noctua heatsinks.

Soultribunal July 16, 2009 07:58 AM

Yes, however I would like to see if possible AM3 Stats as well.
Not everyone is running Intel out there as it stands.

Regards,
ST

CMetaphor July 16, 2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 224379)
Yes, however I would like to see if possible AM3 Stats as well.
Not everyone is running Intel out there as it stands.

Regards,
ST

^^ What he said :haha: AMD fans need more love these days...

SKYMTL July 16, 2009 08:22 AM

AMD fans will be getting plenty of love. Just not the the CPU cooler reviews for the time being.

CMetaphor July 16, 2009 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 224394)
AMD fans will be getting plenty of love. Just not the the CPU cooler reviews for the time being.

Muahahah! See that everyone? That's the best he can do without violating some NDAs! AMD fans rejoice! Something good is coming down the pipe and Skymtl knows it! :biggrin:

SKYMTL July 16, 2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMetaphor (Post 224398)
Muahahah! See that everyone? That's the best he can do without violating some NDAs! AMD fans rejoice! Something good is coming down the pipe and Skymtl knows it! :biggrin:

:shok: Ummmm....no. I just mean that we will be doing more AM3 mobo reviews.

Soultribunal July 16, 2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 224394)

I got an AM3 System, let me do it :biggrin:

ST