Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

View Poll Results: Eliminate LGA775 Testing but add other benchmarks?
Yes 33 56.90%
No 25 43.10%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

^^ Well the cute avatar guy (:p) man speaks the truth, maybe leave LGA775 until i5, and then take it off..
Samsung 931BW 19" LCD, Logitech MX Revolution
Old July 22, 2009, 09:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree with many and I would like to see some AMD tests too, but I understand those things can't always be done, but in the future(hopefully not too far), maybe it will happen.

I would also like some testings close to real life. To me that needs to be in case testing and telling all the info so that we can analyse how the temps are affected by the varying factors. I understand its impossible to have all the same specs as your test bed, otherwise life would really be boring.
Old July 22, 2009, 09:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
I agree with many and I would like to see some AMD tests too, but I understand those things can't always be done, but in the future(hopefully not too far), maybe it will happen.

I would also like some testings close to real life. To me that needs to be in case testing and telling all the info so that we can analyse how the temps are affected by the varying factors. I understand its impossible to have all the same specs as your test bed, otherwise life would really be boring.
What's the point of running tests close to real life when CPU usage in real-life is usually < 30%? This is as close to real-life as you're going to get. Running these kinds of programs really show what these heatsinks are capable of and those are the kind of situations that need to be considered. Games don't justify everything, let alone MS Office and WinZip.
Old July 22, 2009, 09:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am sorry, perhaps I expressed myself in a bad way. I did not meant not to stress the computer itself, but rather to have the test done in an environnement similar to real life (not open bed, in a real system which we may have, not in a freezer).

After that, yes I want the hardware to be put at its limits, but the conditions surrounding it should be close to real life.

I hope this clarifies what I meant.