Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2009, 08:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default BST Post Requirement

I was just thinking...

For the Buy/Sell/Trade area, could the wonderful people at HWC consider adding a post requirement? Like 25 posts or something that's fairly easily obtainable but hard enough that it filters out random people.

I know like every other forum that has a BST area has a requirement on the number of posts before you gain access. And it seems like ours is getting fairly popular.

Last edited by JD; June 15, 2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old June 14, 2009, 08:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Seems like it would be a good idea to help weed people out, though potentially we could also have positive/negative rating on users as well, since someone could still be full of it for 25 posts then scam people.
Old June 14, 2009, 09:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think that already it is a lot easier to trust members that have been part of the forum for a while and who have contributed in some way by having many posts... I mean, when I see someone posting in BST and I recognize the name or when I see he has lots of posts, I am much more likely to trust him/her.

Already the feedback thing helps somewhat... but I agree to have a little requirement would be good.
Old June 14, 2009, 09:09 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well the feedback only helps if the sale was complete, iTrader can't be filled out if there hasn't been a complete transaction. But yes, as i said earlier, would be a good idea to have a post requirement, though i think some kind of positive/negative user feedback system would also be helpful if people didn't abuse that.
Old June 15, 2009, 08:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Well the feedback only helps if the sale was complete, iTrader can't be filled out if there hasn't been a complete transaction. But yes, as i said earlier, would be a good idea to have a post requirement, though i think some kind of positive/negative user feedback system would also be helpful if people didn't abuse that.
Sounds like a good idea too, though I think typically if someone is looking to make a quick buck, they wouldn't bother posting 20 factual posts. I'd assume if they spammed the board the mods would catch that quickly.

I guess another thing could be that you need to be a member for a month or something.

I just find there's far to many people with only 1 post that are trying to buy/sell things on here. The kind of people that should stick to their Kijiji and Craig's List. And I hate seeing fellow members get ripped off or waste their time over these people. Though luckily nothing bad has happened to me personally but I don't exactly sell a ton of things.
Old June 15, 2009, 11:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I guess another thing could be that you need to be a member for a month or something.
That would would be a little hard for some people, such as myself whom stumbled across this site probably half a month to near a month ago and love it really (ergo i have a lot of posts) and i wouldnt have been able to sell 2 things so far if that was the case but i think this thread is on the right track.
Old June 15, 2009, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i just think they should up the post to at least 50 or up
Old June 15, 2009, 12:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

+1 for a Min post count, while it probably would add to the work load, I would rather do a little extra work than have a member ripped off.
Old June 15, 2009, 12:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Agreed. I think the minimum on OCForums is 100 posts. Not that we are as big as OCF, but a respectable minimum of 25 or 50 posts is not unreasonable imo.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 15, 2009, 12:42 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Great idea, gets my vote and I'd say 100 post minimum. My opinion is that the BST forum is a place where members help each other by getting rid of stuff and offering good deals to those who buy it. It's not a dumping ground for every flunkie on the internet to flog their crap.