Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
We could instead have it that 0 posters can have access to view but they cannot use the PM system other then to mods until they hit the 25 post mark as well. I do not know how easy/complicated of a task will be, however my hat is off to Gav and the team in being quick at this
I for one wouldnt relay PM's back and forth, not even mentioning the time it would take, Your deals here have nothing to do with me beyond enforcing the FS/WTB Rules. When something goes wrong, as it will thats just nature, we (Mods) would be the natural targets.

Last edited by Supergrover; June 16, 2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old June 16, 2009, 09:59 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I for one wouldnt relay PM's back and forth, not even mentioning the time it would take, Your deals here have nothing to do with me beyond enforcing the FS/WTB Rules. When something goes wrong, as it will thats just nature, we (Mods) would be the natural targets.
Nah i wasn't getting at that, i was saying they wouldnt be able to PM any other then a mod (ergo emergency) but that would be like telephone tag what you were thinking and that wouldnt be fun for you guys at all
Old June 17, 2009, 01:18 PM
Top Prospect

I can say this is pretty annoying, I just had 2 thread up before this rule... have 100% pos feedback but now I have to spam the forum for 10 posts to post another thread? Kind of lame.
Old June 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Ivy View Post
I can say this is pretty annoying, I just had 2 thread up before this rule... have 100% pos feedback but now I have to spam the forum for 10 posts to post another thread? Kind of lame.
Just come around and participate more often
Old June 17, 2009, 01:27 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Yes it has gone into effect, Headshot created a spam thread to increase his post count so he would be able to access his FS thread, I waited until he had bumped his thread then deleted the Spam thread, dropping his post count down to 21.
I agree that Gav did a good & quick job with this. Oh and to Supergrover for being so quick.

Quote:
I think think I smell some spam that post shouldn't count

edit: ahaha actually now that I look at his posts, this one was the furthest from spam to get to 25

Last edited by Jon_di2; June 17, 2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old June 17, 2009, 01:39 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

There's no sure fire way to make sure no one gets scammed as i'm sure everyone is aware.

We will keep tweaking things the best we can so as to deter the scammers but unfortunately it's going to be an inconvenience for the honest people who don't post much.
Old June 17, 2009, 02:13 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Just come around and participate more often

Well yea, theres just too many forums and too many hobbies out there, I already spend way too much time on forums, so I try to avoid computer forums lately :D Just end up spending money
Old June 17, 2009, 02:16 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_di2 View Post
I agree that Gav did a good & quick job with this. Oh and to Supergrover for being so quick.

I think think I smell some spam that post shouldn't count

edit: ahaha actually now that I look at his posts, this one was the furthest from spam to get to 25

So? What else am I supposed to do? I have 2 huge sales threads that went well and suddenly I can't post, not very fair... doesn;t matter now I commented on some peoples pretty builds and got my count up. If you saw the amount of private messages I had you'd understand why I felt that way. Sorry that I don't have the time to post on every forum for all of my hobbies :(
BTW it's She not He :P

Too bad we couldn't get our NCIX post count to count here ;)

Also I want to say, the BST system here is great, I sold my stuff fast to honest people.. but I felt obliged to bitch about the post count
Old June 17, 2009, 02:25 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Also I want to say, the BST system here is great, I sold my stuff fast to honest people.. but I felt obliged to bitch about the post count
No worries. We listen to all feedback, the good and the bad.
Old June 18, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav View Post
Slight modification. A person with no posts can now view thread contents and reply but can't post a new thread.
I think we need to change it so that a person with no posts can view threads, but not reply..

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...tml#post210902

Spammers are now posting in the threads themselves.