Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE CANUCKS NEWS > Suggestions & Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2009, 12:58 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

What if a min. post count was only required to SELL as selling is TYPICALLY the are where people are scammed?

Scam buying is more difficult than scam selling, though paypal can cause issues, the onus is on the SELLER to ensure they are properly protected and the seller has the right to refuse a sale, no one is forcing them.

So basically, anyone is free to read the BST but only those with like a 25-50 post count can post under the section?
Old June 15, 2009, 01:07 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Great Idea fixt!
Old June 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
What if a min. post count was only required to SELL as selling is TYPICALLY the are where people are scammed?

Scam buying is more difficult than scam selling, though paypal can cause issues, the onus is on the SELLER to ensure they are properly protected and the seller has the right to refuse a sale, no one is forcing them.

So basically, anyone is free to read the BST but only those with like a 25-50 post count can post under the section?
I second this.

Even though the pink removes some of the seriousness of your reply.
Old June 15, 2009, 01:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I use my built in B/S/T filter. If they aren't a folder, affiliated with HWC or a long time user with a rating above 10 then they get filtered. But yeah I like your idea FiXT but correct me if I'm wrong here but hasn't something similar been suggested in the past but it was dismissed as being to problematic to implement into the site code. Who knows maybe with the new site upgrade they can do it now. I love the B/S/T section and paruse through it everyday, it sure would be nice if it got a facelift/streamlining like the rest of the site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Even though the pink removes some of the seriousness of your reply.
+1 for FiXT's idea, +2 to John. rotfl!
Old June 15, 2009, 02:24 PM
Allstar
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post

I think it could lead to some pointless posts... between 25 and 50 pointless posts.... depending on if people abuse it or not. It does sound like a good idea to try out though.

Personally I just ignore BST posts from people who haven't been around for too long and not mentioning any names but to me the worst deals I've heard of have been with members who have more then 50 posts under their belt.

So I'm not sure how much its going to help other then clearing up some of the clutter in that section. I like the idea of a sticky post in that section giving tips on not getting scammed and advising people that trading with new and unknown members is dangerous.

Oh and consolidating the current stickys in that thread -

1)Updates & Current Changes with buy sell rules can be integrated with Buy/Sell Trade rules.
2) Tips for saving money on shipping costs can be expanded to include tips for not getting scammed.
3) Thread Crapping Clean up explained... this sticky can be removed as it has served its original purpose.
4)Review Units & iTrader - Leave as is.
Old June 15, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's not a dumping ground for every flunkie on the internet to flog their crap
I don't think i could have said it better my self. 100 posts sounds good
Old June 15, 2009, 03:38 PM
Allstar
F@H

Well i don't buy alot but when i do i spend alot lol:)
Then again i have only sold one item and refunded 50 bucks of that back:)
but i really only deal with certain members that i trust :)
I would like to trust more but unless i am told by certain members they can be trusted i don't buy :)
Old June 15, 2009, 03:42 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

You have to be careful with post counts....
Fold for team #54196
Old June 15, 2009, 03:43 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
You have to be careful with post counts....
...as people will just start making pointless posts to get the count up.

Perhaps a time limit (ie. 1 month) as mentioned already. Nothing is perfect, and if you rely on forum tech to protect you then you will still get screwed.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 15, 2009, 03:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Instead of post counts why not use HWC's Contribution Level, like you need level 10 or so to sell in BST

As most of you guys can see, theres a MASSIVE AMOUNTS of spams in the BST section, craps like ohh you need a picture with your name on it and such craps, even tho the seller clearly stated that picture will be up within the hour. I think only MODS have the rights to tell that to sellers instead of seeing "oh you need a picture with your name on it x3 on a single thread."

We serious need more stricter rules at HWC, specially the BST section, its becoming a mess :rtfm:

Quote:
Contribution Level Details

Under every forum members name, there is a forum contribution bar which is made up of two parts.

1) The users current contribution level
2) Points needed to move up to the next level

If you click on your forum name, you will be able to see the detailed stats.

The points are calculated as follows:

• Days Online (Points that are added for every day since registering) - 0.5
  • Points for Referrals (Points that are added for every user you refer to this site) - 100
  • Points for Threads (How many points given for single threads) - 2.5
  • Points for Thread Views (How many points given for views on threads) - 0.25
  • Points for Replies to Own Threads (How many points given for replies to own threads) - 0.15
  • Points for Sticky Threads (How many points be given for sticky threads) - 100
  • Points for Posts (How many points given for post made) - 2.3
Top Level is currently - 30